ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where do I stand?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Ok, so basically - My car went in to Renault today for a service.

Barring the long list of "Needs urgent attention" they gave me on the 50 point check, all is well.

They've been moving it round the forecourt all day and moved it to get valet'd. I saw them then move it to do the wheels with the gel.

Bloke comes out to me and says "can you come inside for a minute?"

I went in and he told me the car is now refusing to start and it seems there is a loss of compression in the engine.

It's been working perfectly before that.

They've lent me a car free of charge until tomorrow when everyone is in and can diagnose the problem, however, I asked him about charges etc and he's told me; "Of course we will have to see what the problem is why it won't start, it may cost depending on the problem"

Surely, if it's broken whilst in their care I shouldn't be held liable?

Urgh.

I'll have another thread up soon, mainly to @Renault Wolverhampton !

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
How have they come to the conclusion of no compression?

Have the belts been done recently?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
The belts were done back in March. They asked me if I'd had them done as they noticed a new water pump but also said "the belt isn't a genuine Renault one" and I said that doesn't matter as I got it done elsewhere.

If I'm honest, I think it's a dead battery - a few times the cars died, and it just won't start, all the lights start flickering, "ASR deactivated"/"passenger airbag off" etc. Just goes a bit mad. That's what it did tonight, but their adamant it seems there is no compression.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah - asked to see for myself.

@jesus - yep, told them this. They plugged a pack on to it and tried to start it to no avail. I told them to try and jump it with my leads but they said they aren't able too.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
So what was it doing when trying to turn it over? Was it spinning faster than usual? The same but just not firing? Or was it not even turning over?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
If it had lost compression it would spin over faster than usual. If its just "dead" then it's gotta be the battery. They don't seem to jump start very well either.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Got AA etc? Get them to come take a look, they'll be alot more unbiased than any garage and only really focus on getting you on your way again.

Clio 182
So you say the car was perfect then in your next post you say it's refused to start a few times.

I very much doubt it's low compression and as for bore wash wtf.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah, it's been working fine - they had it all day and I saw them move it to "gel" the wheels. I went in to sign the paperwork / pay the bill for the service and he told me "Ill go and get your car if you wait in the front car park".

Stood there waiting, then he asked me to come inside and told me it's now refusing to start etc.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
So they moved it to gel the wheels? Maybe they meant tyres lol, wonder why they had to move the car first?
They did mean the tyres AFAIK! Well, the valet/cleaning area has stages, so it was in the "jetwash part", they then moved it to a dry area which I saw and then moved another car in to the jetwash bit.