ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where can I get tool to remove the wiper arm ?

www.renparts.co.uk
if you remove the nut and spray some WD 40 where the thread is they will come loose eventually takes a long period of wiggling the wiper though, with the tool on the clio it usually wrecks the scuttle from my experience.

Dci 100
yeah, i've removed the wiper arms and washer bottle before, you dont need a tool to do it, arms will just come loose like josh says, just make sure you put them back on when the wipers are in the down position, otherwise your asking for trouble

LY 182
to be honest i've never had a problem removing wiper arms and i've never needed a tool on any ive ever come across- remove the nut spray some wd down it and pull it off.
some one said be very carefull when pulling them off- its not that delacate they take a fair bit of force but always come off.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
I already unscrew the nut then tried to pull the wiper arm not without success.
Ok, I'll give it a try with WD40.

Thank you guys
Lior

LY 182
I already unscrew the nut then tried to pull the wiper arm not without success.
Ok, I'll give it a try with WD40.

Thank you guys
Lior
you have to wiggle it quite alot and beleive me it does take a bit of force - pulling straight up will do nothing you need to jiggle things abit :rasp:
sounds stupid, but make sure you have the wiper arm lifted off the screen when you do it, otherwise the spring will act on it and stop you pulling it off the spline

Megane 2 GT 165
Sorry for the bump but just to inform.

Renault has a tool for this, but my mate, which works at renault told my he usually loosens the hexagon ontop, just so you have a flat surface on top of the bolt/hexagon.

Then use an alligator wrench and grip the wipers arm base and top of bolt. Did this today and it worked for me. I did scratch the hexagon and wiperarm a bit, but that has a plastic cover anyway.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Sorry of bump again. Still, tried without success. Can anyone do a short video or pics how can I undo + which tool or where can I find a renault tool for this. I can't find it.
Thank you.