ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When buying your 172/182 ...

Astra VXR 17/05/07
When i ordered my 182 there wasn`t any to demo, dealerships didn`t even have one. There wasn`t even brochures at that time for the 182 because Renault messed up with the 182 brochures or something round about the 182 launch time, so there wasn`t even that to look at ! My local dealer offered me a test drive in a brand spanking new 172, they whipped the price off and i was the first to drive it. Driving a 172 did the deal because i`d figured if the 182 is an improvement over a damm good car in the 172 then it would be worth it, and over 2 years later i`m still loving my 182.

Ford Fiesta
before my 182 best I got was a 10 min spin in a new 172 at the dealers. Only got that as I had bought new from the saleguy before otherwise dont think Id have got any test drive due to my age....

Renaultsport Clio 182
Drove a 172 Cup around May last year, fell in love and knew that a 172/182 was for me. Sold my 106 GTi come October (after spending money on suspension and wheels, trying to make me love it more!), test drove the 182, loved it, put the deposit down, and bought it :D

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I test drove mine but wasn't used to the gearbox configuration. I put it in what I thought was reverse and ended up pinning my old boy against the garage door in front LOL.

Mini Cooper S sport
I knew I wanted my 172 as soon as I saw it - took it out for a Miss Daisy test drive round the block and didn't go over 30!

Took the 182 for a better blast though before I bought it, after all the knocking noises etc the 172 had. Again, I knew I wanted it as soon as I saw it though, it stood out a mile next to the 172.

MB-1.jpg

clio 182 black /gold
I sat in a 172 at motorpoint in burnley also a 182 when they came out but never drove one lol

Arctic Blue 182
drove mine in the rush hour and down roads with speed bumps so didnt know what it was capable of until i bought one.

LY V6 with Recaros
Was a spur of the moment buy for me really, I'd wanted one for a while, read loads of good reviews etc but never actually drove one, then I got myself a full time job and thought, hmm, I can afford one of those now (just!) so I just bought it online without testdriving it, because I knew I'd love it! Didn't really matter about not checking it over as it was brand new! I went to a dealers a few days after ordering it to have a test drive though.