ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats wrong with your car right now??

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
172 Cup with a 172 rear damper and a 75k Cup rear damper. Not really a matched pair! New cup dampers waiting to go on, bubbled caliper paint needs to be scraped off or repainted after track day, minor kerbing on alloy to touch up (fail on my part as works van has balloon tyres and I was on auto pilot!), inspect bubbled wheel paint after track day. Need a matched set of new tyres so I can get a proper feel for the car (3 different brands on the car at the moment. One being a budget) and driver window clunk to sort.

Clio Sport 172
Got a busted clip on my gear stick gaitor meaning it pops out every time I put it in reverse, very annoying. Gonna have to get down to renault on Monday

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Got a busted clip on my gear stick gaitor meaning it pops out every time I put it in reverse, very annoying. Gonna have to get down to renault on Monday

There is a thread on here of how to fix it. It literally needs 2 self tapping screws.

The point where the two clips are on the rear of it you just screw them in there as replacements. Job done.

Needs the oil dropping.....
Inner rods creating play in steering - gone from hardly noticeable to s**t scary to drive at speed in the space of a couple of hundred miles... Needless to say she is all parked up till these arrive.

PH2 172
Dephaser is noisey as feck (going in this week finally) suspected cv joint/boot problems, and it needs the tracking doing asap as my shiney new S-DRIVES are now worn down one side :(

Many.
Just a small list, off the top of my head. All on my own Clio DCi thing.

N/S Outer CV completely fucked
Engine knocking, suspected big end bearings (pulling apart today to check)
Slipping clutch
destroyed engine mounts
Overdue oil change (obviously changing it when I do big ends)
A/C empty
Minor exhaust blow
Odd coolant leak
Boost leak

Bored of it now too.

Clio 172
Front discs and pads,
rear pads,
rear wheel bearings,
cam belt
dephaser,
a/c to be removed,
exhaust too bloody loud/cracked
all 4 spigot rings melted to hubs,
diff is whining,
knocking from the front right at 50mph,
front seats are really uncomfotable (I must be getting old),
OMP horn push fell off last time on track,

Its at BTM so it's in safe hands.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
15 months since last oil change oopsie.

Also pulling to the left a little, certain the alignment is out but not sure if a faulty part maybe putting it out.

The front suspension (I think) squeaks, can only be heard with the passenger window down.

So I keep the passenger window up. Problem solved.

Arctic Blue 182
5th gear sounds like a steal bad playing whilst being put through a car crusher.

So not using 5th anymore = Fixed

MCS 2003
Creaking noise from front suspension when going over large bumps (so Sarf London only a few potholes then ha ha)

Turn radio up much louder - noise gone - pardon :banghead:

WANTED Arctic 182
All the time? I've had this twice, in nearly 3 years of owning the thing. Both times sorted itself out the following day, very strange!

Went a month without doing it but now does it pretty much every other day. Clears if I restart the engine, which makes it harder to trace the problem!

PH2 172
Aux belt has lost about 5mm of its width and gone really thin, was making a loud slapping/clicking noise, so its gonna be in garage for two days whilst dephaser and that's done, and also the cv joint :/

no idea whats wrong but it makes this noise every time i engage the clutch, looks like i have to sell it now as well :dapprove:

Last edited by a moderator:

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Exhaust cam decided to seize up & do this at around 100mph at Castle Combe

10437770_10152545000315972_486720014953450565_n.jpg

10436204_10152545000320972_8792595343102552454_n.jpg

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Rasp from 3-4k. Could be the rear heat shield which is floating in mid air on one corner or the rear box which has a slight rattle when you give it a mild thump. Will secure heat shield corner as that will be free and test. Don't know why I'm bothering as it isn't a day car and it doesn't affect performance. Something to fiddle with I guess.

Smart Car, MX-5, 197
Backbox sounds like its floating around but not been under there to have a look yet. Car is a bit lumpy sometimes when I start it in the morning but sorts itself out after a minute or two so not massively bothered.

Needs a wash, cobwebs growing on wing mirrors and rear wiper.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Whats wrong?

Drinking fuel still. 32.9MPG best so far and that's driving like an old man with cataracts (could be timings)
Front Bumper cracked.
Bonnet paint needs respray after burning through it with rotary.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
That's from a 200 miles per week work commute.
5 miles town driving 15 motorway to work and same back.

So I am at least expecting closer to 35mpg. It's a pain when the on board computer says 38mpg and pump says 30 - 32.9mpg

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Padded out all heat shields to prevent them vibrating to find exhaust rasp. Definitely exhaust. Balls. Will just keep an eye on it for now.