ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the verdict here?

Jap Box
Right, just been in a small accident that could have been a hell of a lot worst

Heres the jist:

Slipway onto the dual carriageway on the left of me, cars infront slowing, I slow down with them, literally glanc right for 1 split second and the cars infront have now slammed on their brakes because the one woman decided to let a car infont of us at about 20mph onto a 70 road.

She flashed them out infront of her which caused us all to slam on. There was pretty much no room to go into the outside lane anyway and there was a truck on the slipway next to me basically pushing out onto me.

So as im braking, they then lock, I slide out into the outside lane, go sideways, tap her car and bounce back forwards. We then all pull over onto hard shoulder apart from he car that caused it that drove f**king off!

They cant have missed it either, bright red f**king clio going sideways down the outside lane isnt something easily missed so they cant have been paying any f**king attaention.

The woman I hit (who let the car out when she shouldnt have) claimed it was not my fault and if anything I avoided having worst damage the way I managed to mavuvore out of it all.

She said it was more her fault really but the car that drove off was to blame for the entire chain.

Road conditions were wet + slight rain, Id left enough stopping distance too but because it locked up it slid around :(

Anyway, damage to her car being drivers door and wing bent in, with her car being a 59 plate I highly think she will claim on it too :( My cars got the passenger light smashed, grill smashed and fog light smashed.

Ive rung the insurance (Aviva) and they said im to blame and they will most likely not fight for it, I told them I was not happy with this, she claimed liability at the scene and to the police and there was nothing I could have done.

Point being, what will happen here, I told aviva I dont want m car repaired by them (£500 excess on own vehicle) because its only going to cost about £50 to repair it all anyway. I told aviva im not claiming liability for it and having an accident against my name. They told me even though she claimed liability that her insurance could say I was at blame not her and they will tell her they wont be held liable for it all.

Any opinions here? Im not happy with Aviva's attitude towards any of it tbh, im paying close enough £2k for insurance with them and they wont fight a case for me!

Uchh, rant over, pics will follow with damage.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Sounds to me like you where driving to close to the car in front for the condtions? Then when you had to do an emergency stop lost control of your vehicle?

Think we need a diagram from paint TBH.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You've not really got a leg to stand on. You lost control at the end of the day, had you left adequate gap and being paying attention you could of avoided the accident.

Sorry!

E87 118d M Sport
I'm afraid that's the way it read yea. You may have thought you left enough of a gap, but evidently you didn't.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Atleast nobody was hurt, I'm sure the insurance companies say as there number one rule never claim liability at the scene. My qwinn tax disk holder has it listed as point 1 of do not's but it would be her word against your's if you have no proof sadly. Can you not settle with the lady privately ? my mate had a similar accident and rear ended an Astra in the rain and he just paid the guy at his house, printed off a doc saying i've paid yada yada and got the guy to sign it.

I had a similar experience when I had my RN, traffic had stopped and I was slowing from 70 and the wheels locked, luckily for me there was a large distance between me and the car in front and I ended up power sliding into the left lane at 50. Needless to say I nearly broke my arm getting the opposite lock off (Elbowed the plastic on the door card oww)

Last edited:
  E46 M3
Road conditions were wet + slight rain, Id left enough stopping distance too but because it locked up it slid around :(

You didnt leave enough stopping distance, if you had you woundn't have had a crash! I did a very similar thing (and am still suffering insurance hell), learn from it - leave a bigger gap.

Jap Box
Sounds to me like you where driving to close to the car in front for the condtions? Then when you had to do an emergency stop lost control of your vehicle?

Think we need a diagram from paint TBH.

Yeah I would have been in the end as when id looked to pull out they had all slammed completely on, so it was either:

1. Me go into the van infront's tow eye
2. Completely slam on, hope for the best (but managed to slide out around and then it turned into them) :(

Ill knock something up in paint now

I think I got the better outcome of the two anyway.

You've not really got a leg to stand on. You lost control at the end of the day, had you left adequate gap and being paying attention you could of avoided the accident.

Sorry!

Yeah thats basically what the insurance said :(

I'm afraid that's the way it read yea. You may have thought you left enough of a gap, but evidently you didn't.

Indeeed :(

Atleast nobody was hurt, I'm sure the insurance companies say as there number one rule never claim liability at the scene. My qwinn tax disk holder has it listed as point 1 of do not's but it would be her word against your's if you have no proof sadly. Can you not settle with the lady privately ? my mate had a similar accident and rear ended an Astra in the rain and he just paid the guy at his house, printed off a doc saying i've paid yada yada and got the guy to sign it.

I had a similar experience when I had my RN, traffic had stopped and I was slowing from 70 and the wheels locked, luckily for me there was a large distance between me and the car in front and I ended up power sliding into the left lane at 50. Needless to say I nearly broke my arm getting the opposite lock off (Elbowed the plastic on the door card oww)

Yeah everyone was fine, just abit shocked really, she said it must have been worst for me as I ended up sideways along the road with traffic coming at me at 70 whereas she just ended up on hard shoulder.

Ill ring her later and see whats happening with it all anyway, I told my insurance im not claiming against my own car and they will tell her insurance that too.

Jap Box
Heres a paint mockup of it all roughly:

crashb.png

Police said afterwards its partly all of our fault and they wouldnt bother to chase up the car that was pulling out too slowly because the wouldnt count it as them to blame.

She shouldnt have let the slow car out, knowing there was a huge line of traffic behind and no where to pull out to, the van shouldnt have been tailing her and broke late, and I should have been lookcing infront more to see that they broke harder.

Heres the damage to mine, didnt get any of hers but somehow I got away with ver little damage and her drivers and passenger wing crumpled inwards. Both cars police said were still fully driveable and only problem with hers i the door catches on the wing now, only problem with mine is the headlights got a crack on it and the mounts have snapped.

dsc02606d.jpg

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Sounds like your going to get stung tbh. Rubbish :(

Atleast your cars not a write off, now that would be a kick in the c**k

Jap Box
Sounds like your going to get stung tbh. Rubbish :(

Atleast your cars not a write off, now that would be a kick in the c**k

I know :(

Fixed damage now anyway, fitted dual optic lights :) got replacement grill on the way in same colour for £20 :D

Just need to sand bumper down and spray the scratches on there and its back to normal.