ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats every ones preferences of exhaust systems on a 1.2 16v ( if youve owned one ) !

clio 1.2 16v
hi guys, just searching for a full system for my 1.2 clio. yes i know you cant really get a 1.2 to sound nice, i just want a system that gives the car abit of a "grunty" noise!

ive been thinking about a K-tec supersport?

cheers, harry

Vectra
Re: whats every ones preferences of exhaust systems on a 1.2 16v ( if youve owned one

Sportex Full Racing System 4" Jap Style only way :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Re: whats every ones preferences of exhaust systems on a 1.2 16v ( if youve owned one

k-tec stealth would be my choice if i had to get one, however i cringe these days when i hear a slow car with abig exhaust, i cant beleive i used to publicly let people hear how slow my car was!

Clio 172

I'm from Oz so I don't know prices in quids that well but assume:
500 from selling 1.2
1500 spent buying 172
= 1000 pounds extra for something that's actually fun to drive.
You want to spend say 400 on exhaust?
Wouldn't it be worth putting it in the bank with an a/c named '172 fund' or something?
Or am I missing something like extra insurance cost? (not that big of a deal in oz)

None

I bought a 1.2 Billabong with a Powerflow straight-through exhaust already fitted, one of the best things I ever did with that car was to take it off and put a stock one on, that engine is too small, big exhaust makes it sound like someone blowing a raspberry
Plus I swear it felt more responsive with the stock exhaust on

None

k-tec stealth would be my choice if i had to get one, however i cringe these days when i hear a slow car with abig exhaust, i cant beleive i used to publicly let people hear how slow my car was!

LOL same here mate, looking back my car must've turned heads since it sounded very loud (although the note was dreadful, sounded like I had a bonnet full of wasps), yet pulled away *sooooo* slowly