ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's a 182 scrap cat worth

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Nothing.

I got £17 for mine at the scrappy as its not made from all the good stuff like precious metals including platinum, palladium, rhodium, and gold.

The standard 182 cat is made of steel / iron or something as a if you pop a magnet in there it sticks and thats how the scrappy told me.
If it did not stick and it was made of the good stuff i was looking at somewhere in-between £60 to £110

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
You got bumped IMO!

Thats what i thought but before the scrappy got my CAT i called a guy that goes into my mates garage to collect batteries & cats and he said exactly the same as they guy at the scarppys before hand and it was then i took it to to get them to test the cat inside with a magnet, Mine was all burst at the olive joint so it was not good to anyone

Uh, don't all cats have that stuff in now-a-days?

Pretty sure they wouldn't last the length they do with steel/iron only.

As far as I'm aware 182 cats are all steel but i could be wrong on that. The magnet stuck well and thats what sealed the deal for me.

Cliosport 172 cu
I thought all cats had gold and that in and the casing is metal I'll take it to my local yard on Monday and see what they say.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I get £40 minimum for a cat. Genuine Citroen Picasso cats can get over £120!

330i. E30 Touring.
Nothing.

I got £17 for mine at the scrappy as its not made from all the good stuff like precious metals including platinum, palladium, rhodium, and gold.

The standard 182 cat is made of steel / iron or something as a if you pop a magnet in there it sticks and thats how the scrappy told me.
If it did not stick and it was made of the good stuff i was looking at somewhere in-between £60 to £110

Lol.

I get £50 for 182/Ph2 172 ones. £80 for a Ph1 twin barrel, as I chop it into two. ;)

You got had if you got given £17 for it, of course a magnet will stick to the outside of it, its the stuff inside thats worth the money, sounds like the guy at the scrap yard knew you didn't know what you had, they are always taking the piss imo!

They wanted to give me £20 for a 1.8t cat, £10 for a 1.4 clio one and £20 for a ph2 172 all because they thought i didn't know what they were worth, You get the best money on ebay imo.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Nothing.

FUD!! LOL!!!!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The magnet sticks to the inside of it as its a steel / iron honeycomb and its worth nothing apart from weight.

There is no decent precious metals inside the 182 cat unlike DPF's or other Cats from cars.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Genuine items are normally worth good money, EuroShitParts ones are worth 5p when they come out of the shop let alone after they've been used for a year and fail the next mot lol
Valver16 done well from a Williams cat a while back I believe.

Bare in mind that most scrap metal is well down on price at the moment mind...

Cliosport 172 cu
Nah this is an original car from a 182 I'll take it scrappy and see what they say if they offer me silly money I'll tell where to stick it lol

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Lets just remember what a car does.

it catalysed a reaction and metals like platinum and rhodium and perfect catalysts, not degrading greatly over time. All cats are made with precious metals (the ones that work). Minimum £40. Sold my dci cat in less than an hour for £45 inc postage.

Scrappies try it on with private customers.

Many precious metals are worth nowhere near what they used to be so don't hold out for more if selling. Don't pay more of buying!

Cliosport 172 cu
Well I say it's scrap it works fine but the flange on it broke and fell off and scrapped the bottom of it but hadn't put a hole in it.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I got told similar by the scrap yard we use two years ago
They gave me 18 quid for it

I did wonder if I'd been had, but it was two years back now. I'd know in future to maybe ask about more before sealing the deal