ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats £10k getting me?

Hello!

Two years without a car, no claims about to run out and house finally bought it's time for me to get back into something nippy. Used to have an Orange Focus ST, and before that a Mountuned Fiesta ST.

So, Im thinking Type R or Cliosport now, however after being on the STOC forums I enjoy being part of a decent forum, helps with niggles etc and after one post on the Type R forum they can get rammed. I have two little kiddywinks so isofix is required, and Im presuming the boot is big enough to get a folded pram in so my question is;

What will £10k get me?

Without sounding like a tit, Im not interested in cars that are "a little bit" over £10k, thats my limit and what Im prepared to spend. I spent a lot on my Focus ST and Im not prepared to spend so much money on a car again after buying a house it just seems pointless spending any more!

So come at me, let me know what i could potentially look at. I love all the renaultsport range, from 197 upto the 200s, in any colour or spec so please let me know what I should and can be looking at!

Many thanks in advance for the replies!

Hi Ryster,

£10,000 should get you a 200 I would have thought and are a great car (I've had 2).

You do need to rev the nuts off them to get the best out of them though so different drive to your modded ST.

Because of this the mpg will be anywhere between low 20's and low 30's depending where you drive it.

The good thing is the 200 are a great car out of the box so no modding needed really as long as you go for the right spec.

You can't get much out of the engine bhp wise unless you spend a fortune so that'll stop you spending!

Winning spec on here and what I went for is a standard car with cup pack (red brembos, lowered suspension), recaros, black speedlines alloys, cup spoiler (always causes discussion!).

Good luck with your search!

Iceberg 172
Come on people, the only choice here is a DC5. Rarer and more driver focused than any other option, the change can be used to buy you anal protection for when you have to bend over for insurance....

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
i saw get a thurbly motorsport astra t8 estate cracking car check the spec find an estate and your onto a winner

Focus
+1 for the r26, brought my 2 year old 225 for a little under £10k a few years back could get a very late one for that! Don't expect the same build quality as the ST mind you!

Having said that your on a cliosport forum, the megane sport isn't no where near as popular and busy!

Renault clio 2005
For 10k I would be thinking of a nice audi a3tdi with the 170bhp engine. get it in black lower it and put a nice stereo in it. o loads of torque decent image and cheap to run and reasonable insurance costs.

Clio
Civic Type R gt fn2, nice cars, pretty nippy and a f**king mahoosive boot. Should get a tidy one quite comfortably under 10k

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
For 10k I would be thinking of a nice audi a3tdi with the 170bhp engine. get it in black lower it and put a nice stereo in it. o loads of torque decent image and cheap to run and reasonable insurance costs.

And fall asleep every time he drove it? My dad has a mapped 170 A3 s-line, and as nice as it is, f**k me is it boring to drive

Renault clio 2005
And fall asleep every time he drove it? My dad has a mapped 170 A3 s-line, and as nice as it is, f**k me is it boring to drive

can be fun when the turbo kicks in and it pushes you right back in your seat on hard acceleration. That is a fun feeling :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I do love those.

A 200 woukd bore the OP in a week after a 2.5t 5pot.

An R26 is a good shout. Love that BMW though. Slight difference in running costs I imagine although the Megane isn't exactly cheap.

Get White, rare and seems to hold it's money very well. Also suits Liquid Yellow.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love the Frs. Another car than might be compared against better cars but you still want the Frs for some reason!

Audi rs6. Done. Plenty of space, 4 doors so easy access to the kids. Enough space in the boot for the pram to not be folded and plenty of poke under the bonnet! Every box is ticked.

Or you could be a child, not care and try keep your eyes open for a monaro vxr to crop up in your price range (probably what I'd do tbh lol)
Have fun!

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Very nice example of a tidy Mk1 FRS. What I would spend it on. Or 197 + turbo? :evil:

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Admittedly you wouldnt get the best car/turbo conversion combination for 10k, but still worth a shout!

TTRS, 172 Cup track
Any VAG with a 2.0TFSI k04 engine. 360hp after 2.5k on mods.

R32's are slow but sound nice, but a boring drive.

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
Mazda 3 MPS, Leon Cupra, Golf R32, BMW 325i Coupe

Surprising how much room there is in the back of the 3 series coupe, i'm a giant and i fit in the back of my mates comfortably