ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats £10k getting me?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Awh :( I don't see that point in DC5's all the style but front wheel drive. (Sorry for the rhyme ;)

They go fairly well though, respond well to mods too. Plus they're bloody gorgeous....

IMG_0994-61.jpg

BMW E46 330ci Sport
Quite a few suggested a Megane R26 early on in this thread. Whilst I have no experience with these cars I have been looking at them recently including doing some research. Whilst a common theme from owners is how good it is as a drivers car, these comments are always accompanied with comments on reliability issues, and the resulting cost and difficulty in fixing them. From reading it looks like there are several common problems such as window regulators, key-less entry problems and water getting into the interior of the car.

Obviously all cars have issues, but looking at the Meganesport and other sites it seems they have too many issues to be recommended without this being considered. The car seems like too much of a bargain and there must be a reason for the cheapness when comparing it to a competitor car such as an Focus ST, Civic Type R, Golf GTI, etc.

I do hope I'm wrong as it seems a great car but I know I couldn't put up with such an unreliable car. It would seem you could get a very clean R26 with a lot of change from 10k.