ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what would you pay for 200 of this spec?

172 Cup
I am looking to get the 200 cup, in alien green. which is 1200 extra.

How much room is there for haggling at renault dealers? he thinks it will be around 17700 on the road, now i am doing it on a 2 year lease deal. Realisticly can you haggle a price from a main dealer as iv never done it? or get them to chiuck options in?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£17700?

Sorry what?

i'd want £3k off that.

Pretty sure Birchdown payed £14ish for theirs with recaros (is white though)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I agree, there's a lovely alien green on auto trader it's been on there for ages

172 Cup
to be honest though, the list price of cup is 16500, alien green is 1200 extra, so thats where i got 17k+ from.

172 Cup
that broadspeed thing is amazing, is it for real, just put in cup with alien green, gt spoiler, bluetooth and mp3 and black wheels and got a quote of £15701!!!

Will the dealer actually go down this much?

PS 200
that broadspeed thing is amazing, is it for real, just put in cup with alien green, gt spoiler, bluetooth and mp3 and black wheels and got a quote of £15701!!!

Will the dealer actually go down this much?
I was getting a Jimny for the wife 3 years ago - best "deal" I could find locally was £10,300 - Broadspeed got me the car for £7,000 - Main dealer supplied - had to get it delivered from Engerland - but that only cost £90 (which the garage forgot to charge :D)

Broadspeed FTW as you youngsters would say :cool:

ps - print it off and take it into the dealer you're speaking to and see what they say - you have nothing to lose (apart from £2-3k)

Last edited:
  PS 200
Perrys of Aylesbury were doing great deals in the summer - Give them a shout with the spec / price from broadspeed and they'll probably get close to matching it !

:)

Perrys of Aylesbury were doing great deals in the summer - Give them a shout with the spec / price from broadspeed and they'll probably get close to matching it !

:)

+1 i got mine from there, a guy called Eddie, i got a list 17.5k car for 15k

LY 200
You will probably looking at 16k (at best) for a brand new, decent spec (Recaros, Cup Chassis) AG imo.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed you said you wanted it leased. I take it this is to keep monthly amounts low? Been a few second hand 200's on RS forum for 13k or so. Hold out for a bit may find what you want (AG). Can you not get a loan which would make it similar cost to you? Means you can buy a car where depreciation has already part hit. Or is there no intention to keep for longer than the 2 year period.

172 Cup
well i chop and change cars like anything, and this way it will make me keep it for 2 years plus you can just give it back after that time and get a new car ( the latest clio/megane etc) or u can have option to buy it! Plus you are constantly under warranty and all u pay i service/tyres etc, plus i can put it under my buisness!

LY 200
^Why would you want to pay for it over two years and then give it back?

I have never got this unless its say only what the depreciation would be that your forking out for.

Clio 172, Clio 200
What you need to do is get the price from whatever Renault dealer you have first spoken to, then take that quote to the next renault dealership to beat. I did this with my Clio 200 and went from £301 a month (3yr PCP) and after about 6 dealerships got the orginal all the way down to £236 a month. That was from the RS200 in white with the cup packs. :) It's all about getting other places to compete.

Iceberg 172
^Why would you want to pay for it over two years and then give it back?

I have never got this unless its say only what the depreciation would be that your forking out for.

I never got it until I spoke to a mate who leases cars. He had a Merc ML. In depreciation he would of lost something silly like £12k over 2 years. Well he only paid something like £8500 to have it for 2 years...

Clio 200 RS + SRB
I bought mine twice from two different dealers,

Clio 200 Alien green with Cup chasis and a few extras, was even lucky enough to get carpets!!!!!! never had that from a dealer lol

First price was £15995 from a renault dealer

But they went bust and sold the car at auction

The car people in wakefield sold me the same car

£14499

Thats a reduction of £1.5K and i still got the carpets lol!