ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Options + Buying advice

Im looking at getting a Clio 200, a low mileage 2010 model. I havent found one yet but im looking at giving my dealership a preference and hope they can source one for when i get back in the country in January.
Ill be looking at the regular 200 with the cup pack with recaros. Now are the speedline wheels and option or standard on the "FF"
Does anyone have a picture of the different Headlights, Am i right in thinking there was no xenon option for the 200 so what where the dark headlights?.

Boring questions.
What are the service intervals like? (+ average cost of service from main dealer)
Any recalls i need to worry about ( I seem to remember something about the gearbox needing updating on the 197?)
Is Bluetooth standard on all models or do i need to add that to my list if i want it? (same with cruise control)

Still undecided on the colour, Atm i am looking at Alien green, Liquid yellow and Racing blue, All with black wheels.
The kia is getting dropped off at the body shop on the 17th to get repairs done so going to sort out the new car then.

megane 285 sport
speedlines were an option, yes no xenon option available, the dark headlights were non xenon projectors with cornering lights, pretty sure you can get cornering lights on the normal silver headlights aswell.

service interval is 12,000 miles or two years, but i would get it done yearly. cost depends on dealership and type of service, and can differ very largely. no recalls as im aware.
bluetooth is again an option. cruise control is standard on FF.

GTD, Lupo
Black insert headlights were just what came on the FF model. Cornering lights were an option but also have the black insert.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Not really an FF though is it, either a 200 Cup or standard 200. Seeing as there is no 'cup packs' available for the 200, just options such as the cup chassis, recaros, speedlines etc.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I would get a later 2011/2012 like mine as they changed the suspension, pm GW200 he has a lovely white 200 with seats like mine he wants to sell:)
northwealdjune92013_zps384ea946.jpg

megane 285 sport
They changed the size/layout of the top mount, so the shocks are different, they changed them mid to late 2010

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Buy as late a car as you can. Essentials for me were Speedlines, Cup Chassis and Recaros.

In the end I bought a new one and ordered every option. Holla.

Buy mine next year.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Will you be getting rid of yours come warranty ending then?

i don't see what the fuss is about? It's about £400 for a gearbox rebuild? Making it sound like an expensive fault on 4 wheels

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Cup lacks the toys, some have AC some don't, no keyless entry no cruise etc.

Standard 200 (usualy identified by silver brake callipers as standard) - Depends on the spec, but most will have the keyless entry, cruise, ac,

200 FF (identified with red brake callipers) - has the cup chassis and suspension, so a slightly firmer ride + standard 200 spec of keyless entry, cruise, ac etc etc.

More info here, (borrowed from the 192.net forum)
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?19788-Clio-197-buyers-guide

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Just a card that emits a signal, car accepts that signal and unlocks the doors / boot. As long as its in your pocket you can also start it.
Should be ok, usually have to be pretty close to it. Failing that put the keys further away ;)

Clio 200
Just make sure when you test drive the car that there are no weird things going on with the gearbox like crunching etc as Clio 197/200's are well known for this. Also check that the steering is ok as well and there are no knocking noises coming from it as racks are known to fail on high mileage cars. Other than that they are great cars and are pretty reliable if looked after properly.

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
You have to lock the doors or they will not lock when you walk away.

HOWEVER Renault may have fitted the odd one with a megane alarm that does lock when walking away. Around the time of the earthquake in Japan they were throwing things on cars they wouldn't usually, some RS meganes for instance had different alarms. Some had the 200 alarm (my 265 trophy alarm is the same as my 200 alarm) yet other megs have the walk away alarm.

I would have thought the car would beep to say it can't lock/set the alarm if a window was open tho.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I think mine auto locks after a while.

but for the keyless entry, you need to be within around 4 feet of the door/boot. And the key needs to be in the car for it to start

Bump this with another question.
Do all 200s have means of listening to music off my phone through aux or would I be better hunting down one with Bluetooth.
Just under 2 months to go until I get back to the uk and away from the shittest driving ford galaxy I've ever seen.