ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what turbo

black 3 door clio 1.2 16v
hiya guys ive decided to have a custom manifold made so im not going with the twingo turbo , can anybody recomend a good small turbo that isnt to dear to buy as even tho im building the project over a year or so i dont want to spend to much ?

e.g. t2 ????

and what cars can they be found on

sensible answers only please

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
old school man, get a gt series turbo if your going to use garrett, you can run bigger than a t2 with faster spool up. plus the t2 runs outa puff above 6k on a gt id expect a 1.2 16v to be breathing better than that a pushrod 8v 1.4

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What turbo does the twingo gt run?

would it be possible to make the custom manifold with the standard turbo fitment from the twingo gt, then it should be easier to source a turbo

cool what kind of price should i be looking at paying for a decent gt25r turbo so i dont get ripped off? i dont mind it bein second hand as if all goes well it will be a refurb when the cars up and runing

£600 - £800 brand spanking. Second hand they're quite rare.

You could use a GT17 from a 2litre LPT Saab 9-5 if you want easily available as these are fairly close in terms of peak flow capacity etc. to the GT25R.

Cheers
M

yer if the turbo is any good id most prob be interested depending on price. gimme a shout on here or text me work fone il p.m. u it ok