ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what springs

Clio 172 Cup
im going to lower my cup a tad what drop would you say to go also it will be on 15" wheels

If you want the right looking stance that actually lowers your Cup go for the apex 40mm, bit harsh on the ride but tbh i run them with powerflex bushes and its not that bad. For decent handling springs im told that the eibach's are better, but dont really lower the car much or sort the stance of the car out.

Clio 172 Cup
sounds like a plan then, dont get me wrong i want it to drive well but i drive like a old lady so its more the look im after, 40mm was what i was thinking right il jump online and buy a set :)

apex are rubbish!!! buy eibachs. prolines are good but dont lower as much sportlines are not as good but still great and miles better than apex, i have sportlines, they lower well, even with my 15" super t's. eibachs all day long pal.

Evo 8 MR
apex are rubbish!!! buy eibachs. prolines are good but dont lower as much sportlines are not as good but still great and miles better than apex, i have sportlines, they lower well, even with my 15" super t's. eibachs all day long pal.

Any chance of a pic to show us how much the sportlines lower the car?

clio rs
eibachs are good- but ur going for looks- eibachs lower a 172ff nicely but not the cup.

i was asking the same questions 1 years ago - in the end it had to be coilovers

BB TUNED 182 (220BHP)
Ive got Apex bud and thought they where great,

Well they hugely improved the handling ive also got the powerflex bushes up for grabs.

Ive pmd you about the Xenons let me know if your intrested in theses to.

Paul.

Clio 172 Cup
i dont want it on its arse but i want it to look nice and not like a tractor on its new 15" wheels

audi a6 3.0tdi
Eibachs handle amazing but don't lower that much. You'll probably not notice a difference on a cup

Clio 172 Cup
Ive got Apex bud and thought they where great,

Well they hugely improved the handling ive also got the powerflex bushes up for grabs.

Ive pmd you about the Xenons let me know if your intrested in theses to.

Paul.

another pm sent mate lol

172cup
dunno what springs ive got on my cup... but they are absolutely brilliant. 40mm down.

PM steve@birchdown and ask him what he fitted to my cup lol if you're interested of course.

I absolutely love them, ride is superb imo and looks perfect for me. Also, no signs of the dampers suffering which happens on some (such as apex etc)

Black 182 FF
The sportlines on mine have noticably lowered it (supposedly 15mm over the standards) - possibly not as much as I'd have liked, but it's probably the best compromise on looks, handling and ride - especially when there's so many speed bumps around.