ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What seats for 172?

Had my 172 sport just under a week and find thr standard seats while comfy don't really offer the support I need.

As its such a nice comfy car I dont think I want to go the whole hog and have fixed buckets with harnesses on both sides as this will make the rear seats unuseable. This is daily so probably best they stay in for now.

So I want the best for the least amount possible..

Option 1

Drivers side only Cobra bucket seat (advantage is that these can be bought with subframes that have sliders included so can be cheapish)

Option 2

Reclining seats for drivers and passenger.

Now I think this can get expensive for one but also im not sure if cobra do any and other makes tend to be quite crap at including fitting kits and their subframes and sliders actually being compatible with no modifications required (sparco!) also I would like them to have seatbelts. Can this be done?

Its a daily that will occasionally venture on track a few times a year. Fast road/pleasure driving mainly.

Hard to find any. Also I want to literally just bolt them in and use them with no fabrications. I need sliders as im so anal with my driving position

I have two cobras at home that are slightly different. Think I'll just pay the £89 for the subframe/slider combo and see how I get on....

Arctic 182
Any update on this? I'm looking at seats at the minute & want the same, simple swap over & bolt in buckets. Did you manage to find/get any?

I've not bothered as of yet. I really should do though as ive not comfortably pushed the car too hard yet purely for fear of sliding out the seat/pedals LOL

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
There was some Recaro trendline Evo seats a few days ago that Lesley was selling, they were going cheap and would polish up quite well.
will see if i can find them..

I've recently fitted these to my 172, not the cheapest but very comfy!

Corbeau RRX

70B0C732-B17B-4990-9189-4A8904DEBDD1.png.jpg

Arctic 182
Won't clog up Joe's thread but the ones on here look nice. Again though no cash to hand (would prob be on credit card lol) Stu, those look lovely.

Im holding off till I can put up with the standard ones no longer/have a bit more cash to play with. I've got a set of two cobra fixed backs one with leg cushion and one without, all I need is a subframe. Obviously it will have to use a harness.This option will be a PITA though come MOT time as either the rear seat will have to come out or I will have to change back to the stabdard seat (because of the harness going to the rear seat belts mounting)

Either that or those omp stradas are looking tempting though it would be easier if I could use a standard seat beltm