ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Pads Squeek???

Clio Trophy (225/500)
Hi All,

I'ved just fitted some DS2500 and Brembo disks, plus 5.1 fluid and braided hoses.

The brakes are binding quite a bit of the time, and when they're not they still squeel badly when braking. The shims have been removed and plenty of copper grease has been applied. The ends of the backing plate have also been filed by about 1mm each side.

As the above has not worked, I'm looking to change pads to some that don't squeel but yet offer better braking than the standard pads. My mechanic lost one of the shims so what pads will fit without the shims and do not squeel.

I big ask I know but what about redstuff pads. Do these need the shims and squeel? I use my car for the road with about 3 track days a year.

Many thanks
Graham

Golf GTD Mk7
You shouldn't be getting squeel if you have done all the above? its strange. Presumbably you flushed the fluid when you changed from dot 4 to dot 5.1? Could you have siezed caliper/sliders?

Clio Trophy (225/500)
Callipers are sliding fine and how can you go wrong with the fitting? Callipers were wire brushed to clean up, so maybe the calliper molding was slightly off.

Bottom line is they squeal no matter what I do, so I need to change. Will redstuff or yellows squeal, keeping in mind I have crappy callipers that make DS2500 squeek, and do the shims need to be removed?

Thanks for all your help guys

Suzuki Swift Sport
DS2500s used to squeal in my 172 and 182 but only at low speed, didnt really bother me though!

260% JCW
Ive got the same pads when fitting them i found some blue gunk called Bendix in my dads garage. It says its supose to stop break squeal. I have'nt heard anything from them. Have you tryed this?