ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What made you choose your Rs or Clio ?

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Mish's fault for me,... Valeted her car a good few months ago. she planted the seed...

really wanted a silver one, but the Flamer was standing out like a sore thumb on AT went to view and the rest is history....

Focus ST
Was kidding timmmah, could have bought a 182 but went for a 172 cup to free up some moniez for my house

Next year i'll more than likely look at finances and maybe go for a 182

I just liked the look of Clios. It was either this or a Corsa, the Corsa I looked at (1.7 CDTi) was in s**t condition so I went to look at a silver Clio. He'd sold the silver one but had a black one in. Got to his house and saw a 172 cup on his drive, he'd told me he had a blue one too so I was like 's**t I want that blue one actually!' (then I saw the 2.0 16v badges :()

He came round the corner towards his house in the black one and I thought 'I'm having that!' straight away.

Bought it and took it home the same day, learnt to drive in it for a couple of months and now it looks the spit of a 182.

All in the space of a year! Happy happy happy. :)

I ve always wanted a 1*2, this one was a good deal and well within budget.
I bought a phase 1 as I didn't want to have a load of cash tied up in a car in the current financial climate, also wanted to benefit from the slightly cheaper tax.
I nearly bought a sunflower but it was a snotter, ended up with a silver one like everyone else.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I liked the size of the Clio - my g/f had a 1.2 Grande a few years ago and it was a great wee car to drive.

When I drove past my local Renault garage one day I saw 2 black gold 182 and I just had to have a look. When I saw the Recaro's and lower milage on the one that was £500 more I went home to do the sums then had to have it!

Focus ST
I nearly did, but found my current outstanding example I fell instantly in love with :D also got it at a good price! ;)

Pleased you're happy with it mate :)

I was also looking at a few red ones, but this was too good to let slip :eek:

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Heard good things about them, missed out on a 1.2 '00 Grande by about an hour and was dead set on getting another one for my second car, had to wait about 2 months to get one, was going to buy a different Grande but saw my current Clio for much cheaper and as soon as I went to view it (in Aberdeen 70 miles away) I knew it was the car for me. So glad I bought it!

Hopefully I'll have this for a few years until I can afford a 182 Cup (never happen but a man can dream).

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
i had just killed my astra and it was the fastest car i could aford at the time. it was a great car for the 4 years and 70K i did in it.

182cup & 172 racecar
When racing them in the Clio cup,you get offered a very good discount,so makes sense to get one.
Racing blue the only option

Mate started talking about them whilst we where all learning, He got chaved clio 1.2. I liked that at the time, Wanted mine to be halforded up.. But got a plain 1.2 when i passed and i love it standard with a few little touches. Dont like his now, Looks a state.

Plus my mate got a corsa and i thought that was crap.

172 Cup
One picture of the front at "lights level", it looked mean and had one owner from new so i went an bought it that day. Being a 2.0 its pretty quick and the handling is awesome.

Saying that i do miss my Punto GT, purely for the turbo factor!

Monaco Blue FTW!!...

Fabia VRS
I got fed up with doing stuff to my 106 to make it quicker, i went to just have a look at the new twingo sport coz i thort it was out saw my RB cup sat there in all its glory. had a test drive and that was that!!!:D

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Before I had the RS, I had a 53reg 1.4 Dynamyque and a 5 GT Turbo, loved both cars to bits as they were so good at what they did. But insuring, taxing and running 2 cars was expensive even with limited mileage on the 5, and I didn't really have space for 2 cars so it seemed natural to go to the RS Clio as it was both cars combined.

And I went for Liquid Yellow as it was fairly rare and looked the dogs, now they're everywhere with the R26 and R27 it's ruined it a bit TBH. They should have limited the numbers more

1. Always wanted a Williams but was slightly before my time. Didnt want to buy a rusty old one now.

2. Had a mk1 clio until insurance became reasonable.

3. t wasnt a Cup ;)

200 Gordini
My first car was a black 1.2 which i loved, since the day i bought it i wanted the 182, i mean who wouldn't? Especially being a member of this forum.

a year an a half later i finally got one, i was looking for a black gold but a low mileage arctic came up and i'm more than happy i didn't get the black as arctic is an outstanding colour.

100 x better than racing blue - fact :rasp:

Mk1 Clio Turbo
Main reason I picked up my Clio was the fact it was running a Volvo 480 Turbo engine and there isn’t one about my area or close that I know of or have seen of. :)

In between cars....
I wanted one since a mate lent me his tweeked 182 for the night, put a huge grin on my face but then i had a 106 gti.

Went through a couple other cars before i got it but pretty chuffed with it.

A Flamin' Red one
Mish's fault for me,... Valeted her car a good few months ago. she planted the seed...

really wanted a silver one, but the Flamer was standing out like a sore thumb on AT went to view and the rest is history....

Good man :D

Clio 182
Chose the RS because beleive it or it was cheaper to run than my old vts, and the same price to insure.........................

Static Low
First car and all.. bought it because i prefered it to the others .. corsa, puntoo etccc.. wrote it offf

search began for a new car and i was swayed towards the punto sporting but coming on here everyday and seeing some of the lovely cars meant i just had to buy my current clio..

I bought it for what it COULD look like, rather than what it DID look like.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Bang for my Buck
I worked for Renault at the time
Like the colour and rareness factor
The Fiesta ST had a dash made of recycled Wheelybins and the Renault was better quality.

197 Albi Blue
When my sister learnt to drive in 2002 Renault were giving free insurance with clios and so thats why she got one then when that one got to 3 years old we bought a new one as they were decent for the money then the 3rd one i just wrote off about a month ago.

b/g 182, meg tourer
drove my brothers ph1 172 a few times and lovexd it. went for the 182. should have gone for a mint ph1, added some nice touches and had some money spare. would miss cruise controll tho.

Porsche Boxster987S
i bought the 182 after seeing the pics of the LY182 from ireland (KKZs at the time) LOVE that LY so i got one for myself. But i agree with the above comment about LY being more common these days.