ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this? Should it be connected?

Clio 172
While fitting my air box yesterday, I noticed that this connector/plug wasn't connected to anything. I'm a bit worried that I pulled it out when fitting the air box.

Does anybody know what it is and whether or not it should be connected?

It looks like it should be...

2_zpsa7762db4.gif

1_zps2a7de5f6.gif

Last edited:
Looks similar to the alarm bonnet sensor (you can see it in the photo) connector - however I'm sure that it's usually grey.

Looks like it may be the bonnet alarm, check and see if there's anything connected to the sensor pin. (the grey circle with the black pin) If not then connect it up, and lock your car, if there's a constant beep then the sensor needs replacing.

Clio 172
Thanks for the quick replies.

There's nothing connect to the bonnet pin. I'll try connecting it up.

Will I have any problems if I leave it unplugged?

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Looks like it may be the bonnet alarm, check and see if there's anything connected to the sensor pin. (the grey circle with the black pin) If not then connect it up, and lock your car, if there's a constant beep then the sensor needs replacing.
On locking my 182 tonight, I was greeted with a constant beep, could this be a similar issue?