ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this bit?

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I had small bump the other day, and I've taken the bumper and wing off as they're damaged. The corner in the pic has slight deformation, but the black tank thing behind it has a small crack in it. I'm not sure what it is, can someone enlighten me?

clio.jpg

M

mini-valver

Carbon canister. Collects fuel vapour from the return line so you dont get pressure build up in your tank.

Basically ticks its balls off for no real benefit!

Cheers, so I would assume it's ok just to repair the crack and refit? It doesn't look bad at all.

To sum up....I've been told my car will blow up and I'll get crap MPG if I remove this canister thingy, hmmmm.

I took mine off because it was clicking

You need to plug the pipe on the plenum but leave the other one exposed otherwise you will get pressure buildup in the tank (I did anyway)

PH1 172 Sport
I removed mine as it was ticking didn't drop MPG and I havn't blown up yet. I noticed no difference what to ever. Just makes the car 1-2Kg lighter.

PH1 172 Sport
I took mine off because it was clicking

You need to plug the pipe on the plenum but leave the other one exposed otherwise you will get pressure buildup in the tank (I did anyway)

Tank has another vent so you wont get build up if you block the other pipe which is propably a good idea depending on where you left the vapour coming out!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Just makes the car 1-2Kg lighter.

Good enough reson to remove it from the track **** then ;) meh, de-cat will give me the rich petrol smell so dont need to worry about that then lol

Tank has another vent so you wont get build up if you block the other pipe which is propably a good idea depending on where you left the vapour coming out!

Yeah thats what I was told/thought.

When I blocked it though the pressure built up so I removed the bung, didnt cause any problems

Thanks for everyone's advice/opinions, at least I know what it is now. I'll decide what to do with it when I take another look at the car, probably next weekend. To be honest, since it hasn't caused me any "ticking" issues, I think I'll just seal the crack and refit it.

PH1 172 Sport
Sounds safer to put up with the ticking tbqfh.

Why? At the worst its a very small amount of fuel vapour floating around.

Do you think its dangerous when you go fill your car up at a petrol station where there are large amounts of fuel vapour floating about or that your whole tank is full of petrol and fuel vapour?