ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

FF Clio 182
Fitted my polybushed dog bone mount. Best £30 spent, car so much more smoother and nice power delivery as the engine isn't twisting and jumping about....

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not today (but last night)... fuel rail went on:

uploadfromtaptalk1370166439000.jpg

Loving it

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Fixed an exhaust squeak that took me months to find. Was a rusty screw in the exhaust hanger which was causing so much hassle :(

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Cleaned the mud off the windows, and the leather, and the doors, and the mirror.

figured out why I only have 2 brake lights, 3rd one had a broken bulb and the 4th had a rusty circuit board...

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Today I have been mostly, changing belts!

null_zpsc81ca9e0.jpg

New timing belt and tensioners, water pump, aux belt and tensioner.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
How did it come out?

Mine are a mess lol gotta do mine. Did ya use any wet & dry or was it just with a pad and a good old bit of elbow grease

started with toothpaste lol, aparantly it works. Then tried some wet and dry and that went tits up to the extent the headlights looked ruined. So thought I'd try the g3 and an hour later with two cloths it looks miles better, not perfection but good enough.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
started with toothpaste lol, aparantly it works. Then tried some wet and dry and that went tits up to the extent the headlights looked ruined. So thought I'd try the g3 and an hour later with two cloths it looks miles better, not perfection but good enough.

Haha ill get the colgate out. Ill give that a go. My mate used wet & dry and totally fooked it lol. Might try that 3M kit

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I thought they ruined like I say, thankfully their not and I'm a happy camper. I don't think it works aswell as the YouTube videos make out, toothpaste that is. If you have a rotary it would make like a load easier. We have one in work but thought how hard can it be, hard lol

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Cleaned/Treated the leather and quick wash. Obsession is still beading well after 5 weeks.

ph1-172
Broken down in it!!! I'm sat waiting for the AA in a garage forecourt with a split in my brake line. At least the super blue fluid looks cool on the floor.

Ph1 172 + 106 GTI
Put her in for her MOT, failed on nsr shock which I knew anyway. A few advisories for silly things. Phoned Adam for shocks, such a pleasant guy to deal with. Will be using him for my parts now, excellent service! Booked her in for a new backbox on the 17th and got a rear numberplate lamp casing thing. 10x better, getting there slowly. Washed her tonight to end a good day

Ordered new exhaust, tyres, spoiler bulb, number plate lamp, wipers, splitter and some detailing gear.

Oh and tax. And MOT.

​Ouch.

Sounds like that cost a bit!

Today I've drove it like a nan thinking I had £0 in my bank, headed to the cashpoint in work and I got £100+ :cool:
should be able to order the solid engine mount and get it fitted before CSS :p

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I kind of went the otherway... Cup doorcards thanks to James23 (which I owe him for still). Just modifying them so I can fit some decent front components.

Finally got my inlet back together after repairing the manifold and the fuel rail is properly mounted:-

uploadfromtaptalk1370455250533.jpg

Back to RS Tuning on Monday for Paul to work his magic.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Flattened, relacquered and fitted my new 2nd carbon splitter and rear bump strip. Fitted the "mist" style washer jets. Popped round my nans for a cuppa now I'm back home and while the sun is out I think I will wash and clay the bg :)

8968187541_ee874d692e.jpg
Untitled by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

Last edited:

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
That looks nice Mark:) lets see how long this one lasts:( it will only rain if you clean it Mark :) as usual, do you fancy popping down the squadron on sunday?

FF Clio 182
Flattened, relacquered and fitted my new 2nd carbon splitter and rear bump strip. Fitted the "mist" style washer jets. Popped round my nans for a cuppa now I'm back home and while the sun is out I think I will wash and clay the bg :)

Looks mint with my BG was that shinny. Where did you get the mist washers from ?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6

Great to see the splitter back on Doc

Hows the jets? I have these ones. There good. Make sure u pull the rubber seal down to avoid leaking down the bonnet