ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
Nothing, but spent the day at a car show, so now inspired to get off my arse and do something!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Had it plugged into CLIP today as I had 6 lights come up on the dash. ABS, ESP, SERV, STOP and brake fluid low level. EML also on but knew that was down to a slight blow on the join on the decat pipe. CLIP was showing a fault with 1 of the front ABS sensors but when tested on the multimeter they both showed up as working. So the fault seemed to be between the sensor and the module, once the manifold heat shield was removed to check the wires it was all there to see. It seems the wires weren't clipped back in position on the bulkhead along with the clutch cable which meant they melted on the exhaust manifold and fused together.

Luckily I have a donor section of ABS loom from a phs2 172 that should be swapped over next weekend, then CLIP plugged back in to clear the lights. The STOP and low brake fluid level lights are off now they've been separated from the ABS wires.

Clio 182
Got stopped by the police today 3 points and £60 fine for changing a song apperntly that's something that you not aloud to do

Clio 182
​Surely there is more to the story than that....

Well I drove past them looking down and they said that I was looking down for 30 metres and could send me to court for careless driving but then said well just give you the 3 points instead

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
Well I drove past them looking down and they said that I was looking down for 30 metres and could send me to court for careless driving but then said well just give you the 3 points instead

I would have argued why was they observing me for 30 meters and not looking at the road and asked them if they wanted points.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I would have argued.

Rule no.1 Never do this with a police officer especially if they appear to be a cnut in the first place.

I personally think there must be more to that story either that or Kent91 got fairly unlucky.

If it was true I personally would have said my lace or shoes got tangled up with the pedals so was trying to see what was going on and untangle them.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If it was true I personally would have said my lace or shoes got tangled up with the pedals so was trying to see what was going on and untangle them.

Yeah and that wouldn't be admitting to driving dangerously in any way at all. With Police officers, even the complete tools that make every day a bad day, there is only one way to deal with them and that's politely.

Even if they get in your face and say they made your Mum squeal last night always stay calm but let them know that yiu believed their conduct to be highly unprofessional and that you have noted their collar number to report in due course.

Clio 182
Tbh they were dicks but I didn't see how that was wrong I think they were just looking for an excuse to pull someone over coz I feel that's a pish way to get points

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah and that wouldn't be admitting to driving dangerously in any way at all. With Police officers, even the complete tools that make every day a bad day, there is only one way to deal with them and that's politely.

True! If they were cnuts then they will still do you over for that I guess but its something that can happen and you cant always pull over at the first instant to sort it and It's a logical explanation to why you would be looking down without playing on a phone or something stupid.

Clio 182
Ano my mate is in the police and he said I could take it to court and appeal but if you get found guilty your fcuked and just to take the points. I don't have any points at the moment so shouldn't affect insurance to much

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Tbh they were dicks but I didn't see how that was wrong I think they were just looking for an excuse to pull someone over coz I feel that's a pish way to get points

So take it to court if you feel that strongly about it and contest the points/spot fine. Good luck arguing against two traffic officers though.

Did they have any video evidence by the way? Normal

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Today I righted the wrongs I made on Saturday with the top mounts - all good. That f**king rattle I've been chasing for over a year is still there though, I'm beginning to think it's somewhere under the dash now.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Absolutely blitzed it! Wheels cleaned using the cheap wheel cleaner mentioned in the thread on here... Bought some g3 stuff and gave it a wax, and cleaned the interior and shampoo'd the seats. It's gleaming!

All under a car cover now, ready for the show and shine at the mid devon car show on Saturday.

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Got stopped by the police today 3 points and £60 fine for changing a song apperntly that's something that you not aloud to do

Out of interest were you changing song on a stereo, or changing it on an iPod you had connected in?

FF 182
A very satisfying fix this one!

Absolutely! So annoying driving round with fans on full pelt for 3 weeks. Got a recond one off ebay for £20.............happy days :)

Funny thing though, was trying to get the awkward 6mm screw out and dropped my 6mm socket under the scuttle panel. Had my hand deep down trying to fish it out but found a old rusty 6mm socket instead lol.

Fitted my 3/4 plate and changed my aux belt kit and leaky waterpump- horrible job but had to be done sooner than later

image_zpsf65809db.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
So I don't thread crap cazzy's for sale thread although I have asked you a question lol. Can you stick the reply in here please mate

L-Y Clio 197 F1
got rid of the rest of the artillery fungus on the rear bumper of the car with some white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda. Done all the usual wash/clay/polish/wax after it was all off for good measure. Also picked up a new fog light unit and bulb, drivers side one is cracked, sad times. May attempt fitting it myself but looks like the wheel will have to come off first...

Wheres it gone? mines sitting in the same place as it does every day, parked atrociously across my drive.

One day we should fit my whiteline ARB on your car Danny, i think it would finish your car off handling wise :)