ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

350Z and 172 Cup
Replaced the front discs and pads ready for Bedford Autodrome next weekend. Removed the front fogs too to help brake cooling.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Painted my calipers to make them look a bit better, pretty chuffed with how they came out, except for the fact that noticed that my CV boot has gone and thrown grease inside my wheel!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367083694.328655.jpg

Fitted new discs and pads all round.
Replaced the knackered headlamp squirter.
Retrieved the sidelight bulb I managed to push into the light unit!

uploadfromtaptalk1367095253744.jpg

Ph2 Flamer
Replaced the badly painted inlet plennum with a nice matt black effort with the letters sanded back to bare metal. Also cleaned the throttle body and other sensors, cleaned the airbox and filter out, washed and SRP'd the car, auto finessed the trim so it looks black for 5mins and put gtechniq on all the glass except the rear windows.

Also noticed the lacquer on the spoiler is coming away so looking for a new flame red spoiler if anyones got one going

. View attachment 97091View attachment 97092

Ph2 Flamer
Oh and a couple of weeks ago I put in PMS solid top mounts and strut brace (which meant the engine cover didn't fit any more so had to sort the paint job on the inlet manifold (or is it plennum i dunno). Also had the washer bottle out last weekend to replace the washer pump and had to silicone up the hole where the pump goes into the washer bottle as it had split. Whiteline arb in the next week or so :0)

Replaced the badly painted inlet plennum with a nice matt black effort with the letters sanded back to bare metal. Also cleaned the throttle body and other sensors, cleaned the airbox and filter out, washed and SRP'd the car, auto finessed the trim so it looks black for 5mins and put gtechniq on all the glass except the rear windows.

Also noticed the lacquer on the spoiler is coming away so looking for a new flame red spoiler if anyones got one going

. View attachment 97091View attachment 97092

Inlets look 10x better buddy, that red was atrocious! Nice effort :)

Ph2 Flamer
While i'm thinking about it. Sat on the drivers seat with a screw driver in my back pocket and snagged the material. Short of buying a second hand seat how do you patch the holey suade like material up?

Ph2 Flamer
Lol cheers I did the red myself which is embarrassing. Think the engine was still warm (no patience). Didn't lool too bad with the cover on, but saw that engine bay thread and love the matt black look. Think all the trim is gonna have to come off for some satin black attention over the summer.

Inlets look 10x better buddy, that red was atrocious! Nice effort :)

Replaced windscreen and headlight washer pumps.
Only to find there's a leak somewhere in the pipe between the headlight jets!

So pump disabled and pipe clamped near the pump to stop the wonderful syphon action!

Proper fix can wait until the bumper is next off!

clio 172
Fitted spring and balljoint, got an mot done and 6 months tax. Ready to be either sold or driven, not sure yet. Then this aft I fitted a new exhaust to my mums bmw. Blood, sweat and tears went into that one.

not much today but yesterday i had new polo rad fitted along with smaller fan,new coolant bottle and obviously fresh coolant

Lol cheers I did the red myself which is embarrassing. Think the engine was still warm (no patience). Didn't lool too bad with the cover on, but saw that engine bay thread and love the matt black look. Think all the trim is gonna have to come off for some satin black attention over the summer.

That'd add a nice finishing touch :) wish I had the patience to clean up my engine bay

Ph2 Flamer
That'd add a nice finishing touch :) wish I had the patience to clean up my engine bay

Cheers fella. Have to say the plennum/upper inlet was a piece of cake. Had a spare which meant there was no need to rush. Halfords vht matt black and gave it about 3 coats. Waited a day then took to the lettering with some 120 grit then 800 grit and it's come up lovely. Swapping it out was easy (used the ktec video on their website for the itb install as it shows all the steps you need) and bobs your uncle. What i'd really like is a brand spanking new header tank and brake fluid reservoir as they look rubbish no matter what you do to clean them and the header has all those tide marks on the inside. Then again I'm the only one who ever sees in my engine bay so why bother init. Exterior trim is defo next after the arb is on.

CLS320 with a D6
Fitted a new air conditioning condenser and pipework. Re gassed and cleaned the system. Drove to Hampshire in minty fresh cool air y0

Filled up with the new v power. Drove around 250 miles. Averaged 68mph and 37mpg. Happy with that for a ph1 on over 150k miles.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Removed more parts and reduced the price yet again... Nobody interested other than one guy offering silly low money.