ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

PH2 172
What will that cost to repair
I`ll find out next week.
Now I`ve got a straight template door on it, I can get an estimate for a contract repair.
As I was standing by the car, with the key in my pocket, and had been for at least 10 seconds waiting for an opportunity to cross the road, and watched it happen, its not really my problem.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I`ll find out next week.
Now I`ve got a straight template door on it, I can get an estimate for a contract repair.
As I was standing by the car, with the key in my pocket, and had been for at least 10 seconds waiting for an opportunity to cross the road, and watched it happen, its not really my problem.
You left the door open and she drove into it?

PH2 172
You left the door open and she drove into it?
I was standing with my back to the RH rear quarter glass with the door open waiting to cross over, under the illusion that a door would be large enough for everyone to spot on a straight 30mph limit road with good street lighting.
She was at the head of a long line of traffic, with nobody in front of her, travelling at around 25mph and would have had 10 seconds at least to access the situation as she approached.
She just sailed through, taking the door, with no attempt no swerve or brake, and finally stopped 150yds down the road.

Mec 350 slk manual
I was standing with my back to the RH rear quarter glass with the door open waiting to cross over, under the illusion that a door would be large enough for everyone to spot on a straight 30mph limit road with good street lighting.
She was at the head of a long line of traffic, with nobody in front of her, travelling at around 25mph and would have had 10 seconds at least to access the situation as she approached.
She just sailed through, taking the door, with no attempt no swerve or brake, and finally stopped 150yds down the road.
She will fight that one door open on a main road

PH2 172
She will fight that one door open on a main road

So if you say you didn`t see the pedestrian crossing, it`s OK to mow down the kids using it on their way to school?

My understanding is that a driver is responsible to maintain his or her situational awareness & must consider all eventualities, and react accordingly, at all times.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Your driving teacher will have instructed you to pass parked cars with enough room for a door to open. And as it's not like the door was opened as she was passing its not like she couldn't have avoided it. She will dispute it though for sure.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I fitted an induction kit and blanked off the factory recirc. valve. It's certainly not subtle.

IMG_20171224_145627.jpg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Does the car still boost as much? When i blocked off my factory recirc on the corsa vxr it felt really sluggish so i returned it back to standard.

Only done a few miles so far but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I have heard of people having problems on VXRs but there are a few Meganes running like this and they seem to be ok. I'll see how it goes though.

PH2 172
Your driving teacher will have instructed you to pass parked cars with enough room for a door to open. And as it's not like the door was opened as she was passing its not like she couldn't have avoided it. She will dispute it though for sure.

I am beginning to wonder if this is what she is going to claim.
She was on the phone within 10 minutes after a hire car, like she knew the drill as a repeat claimant.
I haven`t even got my insurers number on my phone FFS.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Got the rest of the carbon on, the band new 1 piece version of the carbon splitter, v6 rep spoiler on and also the new reg from the other half was fitted on Christmas day
20171227_141755.jpg
IMG_20171227_155742_447.jpg
20171227_135405.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
No pics unfortunately but reattached the splitter yesterday after my wife decided part of it shouldn't be where it was supposed to be 😂 tweaked the damping on the coilovers, wet & dry sanded the headlights, attached heat shield in the engine bay, resealed the plastic grommets next to the rear lights and washed the car, all on the cup, ph1 is all tucked up in the garage

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Just ordered some rainsport 3s with the ebay discount code, 65 quid for 2 [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Made a start on servicing the van, replaced the handbrake cables, adjusted the rear brakes and carried out a brake fluid change while it was jacked up.

Still got all filters to change, oil change and replace the front brakes.

e45d90822bdc51523736099bac432b7d.jpg
9c69d579d7cfbe2c97a0432acc16bdf2.jpg