ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Clio 182
Changed front discs and pads and painted all calipers black also had a viper alarm fitted as standard one was taken off before I got the car

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted Mtec grooved discs up front with new Mintex pads. Thoroughly cleaned the carriers up as they were rather crusty. Also made sure the sliders were nicely greased up too.

Then spent what seemed like forever persuading the bleed nipples to unseize and managed to do a brake fluid change.
Fitted some 16mm spacers to the front, got rears to do at another weekend. Finished off by changing both front tie rods and ends, had to make an emergency dash to GSF and pay through the nose for a steering rack gaiter as one of them was shot to pieces and had a whacking great hole in it.
Rebuilt it, then couldn't track it up as there was a car blocking the ramp. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts the alignment is definitely out by quite a way so I'm debating whether to trust F1 autocentre or Kwik Fit with it tomorrow or do it myself on Tuesday after work.

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
12ea1c5203dccff3675f333874ccfc47.jpg

Spent bloody ages using the Autoglym headlight restoration kit, miles better I'm sure you'll agree!

Renault Clio 172
Just looking for a bit of help with my 172 clio ... the wiring has been pulled out of the plug for the lambda sensor, it has been pulled out on the wiring loom side!

The plug has A,B,C,D on it but i have no idea where the pins go back in... anyone able to help out?

Thanks

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
After a bit of a messy fitting of new springs yesterday, today I replenished my gearbox oil Ordered some decent millers synth, but to keep the car going to and from work until that arrives, stuck in halfords own.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Excuse Photobucket destroying the quality! I am also preparing my flame suit as I'm sure most people will think my suspension is broken ;) but I think lowz suits a Mini, and it's perfect for what I wanted. 3SDM wheels, AP coilovers, Silver Project top mounts and RCAs with 2.5 front camber and 4.0 rear...

7cc9be40-51c2-4cea-9208-51e67fd173ae_zpshiq2ntwr.jpg

a5481461-ae38-46dc-9808-c4b360f83c01_zps3qy3q4b1.jpg

bfb01482-2895-4332-a7c8-67f1e26a0f81_zpscqco7ril.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Excuse Photobucket destroying the quality! I am also preparing my flame suit as I'm sure most people will think my suspension is broken :wink: but I think lowz suits a Mini, and it's perfect for what I wanted. 3SDM wheels, AP coilovers, Silver Project top mounts and RCAs with 2.5 front camber and 4.0 rear...

7cc9be40-51c2-4cea-9208-51e67fd173ae_zpshiq2ntwr.jpg

a5481461-ae38-46dc-9808-c4b360f83c01_zps3qy3q4b1.jpg

bfb01482-2895-4332-a7c8-67f1e26a0f81_zpscqco7ril.jpg
I think with black wheel nuts that would really work.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cheers man. I must admit I keep looking at the nuts (lol) wondering if they look right... but I'm going for the whole red bits theme lol. Next up is red Lamin-x on the rear lights and changing for a red PistonHeads sticker etc. I think it looks better when you can see the red brake calipers too! I'll see how it looks when it all comes together.

Next up properly though should be power :)

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get my Cup onto the alignment bay this evening. Was originally way out of spec with the NSF have loads of toe in and the OSF a bucket full of toe out. Set both sides to 7' toe out and feels much better.

Onto buying more bits to cobble my own exhaust system up next!

WP_20160519_22_00_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20160519_22_00_16_Pro.jpg
Fitted exhaust mount polybush. Not a fun job or a quick job, snug is an understatement. Fitted new carbon bumper cut out trim. Managed to fit drivers side track rod end, just the passenger side to do.

Clio 172 cup
Set the camber to 1.5 degree negative camber today and sorted alignment out drives a lot better now ready for oulton park

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
After 5 years of having missing thumb grips I stumbled across the ones on eBay for sale. £8.00 and they fit pretty well to be fair and have the same rubber texture as the original ones. The only thing is I had a slight mishap with a little bit of glue and managed to get a little dribble on the grip. Wiped it off but obviously being glue set more or less instantly. I know have a hard shiny patch that won't rub off with my fingers! Any suggestions with this or hope it will wear off over time?

Excuse the marks from the cable ties the hold the grips securely in place
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Ryan172

ClioSport Club Member
  Iceburg 172 ph2
After 5 years of having missing thumb grips I stumbled across the ones on eBay for sale. £8.00 and they fit pretty well to be fair and have the same rubber texture as the original ones. The only thing is I had a slight mishap with a little bit of glue and managed to get a little dribble on the grip. Wiped it off but obviously being glue set more or less instantly. I know have a hard shiny patch that won't rub off with my fingers! Any suggestions with this or hope it will wear off over time?

Excuse the marks from the cable ties the hold the grips securely in place View attachment 156122View attachment 156123

Update.... Vinegar works a treat :)

Clio Sport 182
Hit a horrible pothole which has caused a scrape on my bumper. Everytime I go over a bump at slightly higher speeds, it scrapes somewhere. :(

Exciting stuff. 2 new front tyres, balance and alignment. Good opportunity to have a look under the old girl. Need a new middle exhaust mount, wishbone bushings and cheekily repaired some loose heat shield ;-)

Mec 350 slk manual
Sold it , and picking up a mec 350 slk in black with the amg body kit ; wheels and with only 35000k on the clock happy days

BMW 320d SE
Washed both the Clio and the Wife's Mondeo too. Removed the countless tar spots from the Mondeo's doors with none other than WD40! Tried a clay bar. That left it nice and smooth but still tarry. Tried WD40 and it worked a treat!

Clio 182 FF
4 new cup shocks, 4 new Cooksport springs and 1 polybushed dog bone mount done today. :smile:

Attachments

• 20160525_172820.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 87
  Looking....
New shocks all round, new aux belt fitted, gear box oil changed and car cleaned.
Also had 4 new ps3 & evol dog bone mount fitted this week.

Sss107

ClioSport Club Member
  Accord Type R
Bought a new engine. Mine went bang after it dropped a valve! (After 2 weeks of ownership!)
Be back in the road next week, bloody cars!! haha

Clio 182
Got it on cooksports only 5 months after I bought them...
27269933656_9b1f1560c0_c.jpg

Also someone opened their door into mine leaving me with a nice dent in the drivers door and a bit of their blue paint which was fantastic. The perils of public car parks.