ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Yesterday had a replacement cat fitted by TCR Wednesbury(Thanks)...Today went for an mot(at a different garage) and on the rollers testing the handbrake it snapped on the rear off side....was going well up to that point,so tomorrow replacement fitting and mot pass.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Order more parts which resulted in me taking a healthy amount of abuse for "spending £ on that stupid car"

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Found out why she's been running funny ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402656686.947867.jpg

It's snapped clean, and just after I bought new engine mounts :(

Megane 275 trophy006
Crashed it last night and waiting on it to be taken for repairs today. 5 years no claims gone, 4 of those years built with this car :(

not happy with myself. On the plus side I hit 2 of the nicest blokes going.

Clio 182 FF
Used copper tubing to fix my exhaust hangers for the grand sum of £1.70 from wickes and got rid of the annoying clunking that turned out to be the heat shield above the back boxes and not the exhaust as I first thought. Also found out my centre hanger is FUBAR and isn't doing anything..

Clio 182 FF
Took the car round Curborough and the brake pads are AMAZING, however, none of the copper tubes are still attached to the exhaust hangers... Haha need to invest in some strong cable ties ;)

PH2 172
Had new rear bearings fitted today, and finally got them stupid cheapo lowering springs off :) just got standard 172 springs now, feels so much better

Clio 182
I fitted the 519 Automotive lowering springs to my FF the other day, now iv fitted bolt to hub spacers.
Pics.

Before.
20140606_151052_zpskqaxipl_edit_1402809092861_zps7simfa45.jpg

After.
20140614_145919_zpstsjkdfki.jpg

20140614_145900_zpsp2e7giow.jpg

Clio 182 FF
Fixed the exhaust hangers again, this time managed to get it lined up really good and I've used metal cable ties so hopefully they hold!

FF Artic 182
de-badged the back.
cleaned the interior cause i thought it wa going to rain... it didn't, so she still sat filthy.
ordered new plates

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
2zz3gno.jpg

6000K HID kit fitted, eBay blue xenon look bulbs for cornering lights fitted, Philips bluevision fitted for high beams, 13 SMD sidelights which were there already.

While bumper was off gave it a bit of a clean, took the top grills out, sanded them slightly to rough the surface, 3 coats of primer, wet 1200 grit, another coat of primer, three coats of satin black then refitted, look immaculate! Good as new and the best thing is no more trim blackener!

Made a start of colour coding the side strips too.

Lastly replaced all the arch clips that were bent/snapped with new ones, and rebuilt the wiper motor (it barely worked and only ever intermittently) following a guide on clio 197.net from some french car forum, now my wiper motor works perfectly! Very pleased and saved lots of money from Renault £160 quote!

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
After accidentally leaving my car unlocked overnight and some lucky f****r steal the contents of my car (but leave the radio and not damage anything, or look in the boot!) I decided to fix a travel safe in to protect stuff I used to leave in the glove box.

I got a good one from ebay but cost just under £12.00, took out the under seat tray from under the passenger seat, modified it and screwed the metal cage on.
As the cage is about 15-20mm deeper than the tray, I bolted the back on but had to cable tie the front on.

With the seat positioned slightly forward (still useable) it hides it quite well from outside, you certainly couldn't notice it unless you were looking hard for it. And for a quick rummage through the car, you would need the right tools to release the rear screw to get it out. (it wont slide out of the cage without a key.

14280761658_32a46ec1d9_o.jpg

Clio 182
Wrote the RSTuner stage one map to the 182, cold start is loads better and does tick over better. Had to buy the Performance map tho :dapprove: this should come with the RSTuner as standard in my opinion.

Replaced the rear number plate light for a nice new one.
De bobbled my seat, it looks ace now.
Ordered some touch up paint.

Clio Trophy
I got a M3 headlight kit and finished off the headlights today

2014-06-23113932_zps92188fa7.jpg

and used the left over disks and compound to polish the top inlet

2014-06-23113943_zps6d39bf78.jpg