ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Clio 182 FF
I got a M3 headlight kit and finished off the headlights today

2014-06-23113932_zps92188fa7.jpg

and used the left over disks and compound to polish the top inlet

2014-06-23113943_zps6d39bf78.jpg

They look brand new... How bad did they look at the beginning? I've been meaning to use my m3 kit had it kicking around the house for the last 6 months!!

Clio RS 172 Phase 2
Put a new splitter on my RS172, took of the old one ( Laguna splitter ) and mounted a Megané splitter ( Year: 2000 )

IMG-20140419-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20140624-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20140624-WA0012.jpg

ST
Fitted Apex lowering springs, Changed rear discs/bearings and pads, full service and a good wash.

There's goes the handling, and they'll shag your rear shocks into next week.

OT - Fitted some Heko wind deflectors to the Abarth.

Clio 182
There's goes the handling, and they'll shag your rear shocks into next week.

OT - Fitted some Heko wind deflectors to the Abarth.

They seem fine to me. Everybody moans about them but I don't drive mental anyways so notice any change. I can understand your view if I was on a track but if I was gona do that I wouldn't even consider lowering springs lol

ST
They seem fine to me. Everybody moans about them but I don't drive mental anyways so notice any change. I can understand your view if I was on a track but if I was gona do that I wouldn't even consider lowering springs lol

Eibach Sportlines is what i had on my 182.. 9 years go now mind lol

ST
+1

With a rear arb they are one of the great suspension setups recommend on here.

Back then ARB's on Clio's were a rarity, I didn't feel the car needed much more tho, as it was brand new, at 20 years old I was so scared of binning it, I didn't drive it hard enough to merit an ARB either lol.

BG 182
What did you use? Mine need doing asap.

bucket of warm soapy water, 1200, 1500 and 2000 grade wet and dry, a tub of rubbing compound (tcut, meguires scratch-x etc)

Went through the grades, and then used a basic rotary buffer to apply the rubbing compound. I'm not 100% happy with them so I'll likely go back to the 1500, and work up again.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
bucket of warm soapy water, 1200, 1500 and 2000 grade wet and dry, a tub of rubbing compound (tcut, meguires scratch-x etc)

Went through the grades, and then used a basic rotary buffer to apply the rubbing compound. I'm not 100% happy with them so I'll likely go back to the 1500, and work up again.

Thanks for that. Wonder if some megs 105 or 205 (the harsh one, can't remember the number) would work too. Gonna give it a shot later.

BG 182
Thanks for that. Wonder if some megs 105 or 205 (the harsh one, can't remember the number) would work too. Gonna give it a shot later.

Should work, to be honest, I've used megs scratch x, but I could do with some standard t-cut, as the scratch-x is not quite harsh enough.

I looked a few places for wet and dry, but halfords was the only place I could find with the finer grades of wet/dry.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Should work, to be honest, I've used megs scratch x, but I could do with some standard t-cut, as the scratch-x is not quite harsh enough.

I looked a few places for wet and dry, but halfords was the only place I could find with the finer grades of wet/dry.

Took your advice and really happy with the results, thanks for the tips mate.

Before:

14504378326_fd00641824_b.jpg

After:

14340864629_6b552b9ebd_b.jpg

PH2 172
I seriously need to do my headlights, compared to some of the pics I see on here mine are ten times worse :( just brings the whole car down tbh, gonna have to set a few hours aside next week I think, I'll post pics

BG 182
Took your advice and really happy with the results, thanks for the tips mate.
Looking great, I've nipped to my folks to grab a bottle of tcut so will be running over mine again with 2000 and then cutting compound.

yours have come out great! Make sure you coat them in something with uv protection and keep maintaining the covering to stop them clouding again.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I've sealed them with collinite #915 with a few layers.

Someone suggested laminxing them (clear obviously) to stop it happening again. Has anyone done that on here before and did it work?

M2 Comp
Started sorting some of the stone chips on my bonnet. I filled them with paint (using a cocktail stick, lol), sanded them down and then machine polished. I'm amazed how well it has worked actually, you can't really tell it has been done!

ST
Started sorting some of the stone chips on my bonnet. I filled them with paint (using a cocktail stick, lol), sanded them down and then machine polished. I'm amazed how well it has worked actually, you can't really tell it has been done!

Cocktail stick/sharpened end of a match, guy I know has a Chips-Away franchise and he's often told me that's what he uses for smaller chips where a brush would stroke would cover more of the area than required.

BG 182
Yesterday I removed the centre bracket and firegummed the join as it was blowing really badly.

Today I've cleaned my pipes, this decat malarky leads to extremely sooty pipes!

Before:
4bVetWa.jpg

After:
OEgeTNG.jpg

z
ESmLDdJ.jpg

Shame the rest of the car is filthy... I'll wash it tomorrow after work!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Choc blocked one side of my seat aribag wiring things! So far lights are off... will probably do the other side tomorrow. God damn it's made me realise I need some decent wire cutters!

Black 182 FF
Been crawling under it for around an hour trying to find a God damn rattle. Finally found it where the weld on washer on the top of the rear strut (where the bumpstop hits) had given up.

CursedTitanium 182FF
Sorted the rattling engine cover, fixed the leaking headlight washers with some non return valves, fixed the adjusters on the headlights & replaced both washer motors.