ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Track 172 Cup

Was that the one at Blokes unit? I went out in one the other day that was there, he had a look at a problem I was having, threads stripped off my ball joint where it bolts to the wishbone. All sorted.

What's the spec on it @Chi original or tinkered with lol and PM me a price if you want.

Took an engine out and replaced it with another:

144A0EB9-8E6C-4C86-BA5C-5F88C868D095_1.jpg

mk1 Octavia VRS
Update for yesterday:
Removed both front wheel arch liners and cleared out all the crud that was sitting behind them and I suspect causing damp carpets.
Washed it

Today:
Drove it to work and it looks filthy again. Damn black cars!

Clio Trophy #429
I suppose *technically* I just drove there and back, but Mark Fish & co fitted a Snappy-retrimmed steering wheel (looks way better); swapped the summer wheels (Turinis / Michelins) back on (ditto); serviced it; fitted a new battery and replaced the knackered exhaust hangers. Lovely bunch of guys and clearly passionate about these cars. Some lightly corroded parts underneath, but nothing that you wouldn't expect from a car entering its 10th year (55 plate Trophy).

Cue several feet of snow...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fitted new sidelight bulbs as the ones that were in it were proper old and cack.

Fitted some osram headlight bulbs that I had lying around. Not amazing but better than the guff that was in there.

I'm just having a poo then I'll go out and make a start on the minging drivers seat and swap the spare wheel over if it's got more tread than the n/s/r wheel. Which is slick.

Total spent on the car in one month of ownership; £2.99 for some LED sidelight bulbs. £4.99 for some millers fuel system cleaner.

<3 bangernomics.

Clio MK2 Sport ph1,
Today i've installed some soundproffing on my clio, and did some new holes to make a "OEM" boot battery installation

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  Clio 200
Painted my front grille. Previous owner had glued it too the bumper, so couldn't remove it

20150307_150903_zps8ukeyns8.jpg

20150307_175827_zps59pp5uqg.jpg

Also removed the wheels to properly clean and seal them with Planet Polish wheel seal. What a mundane job that turned out to be!

20150307_174619_zpsyroeccyg.jpg

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Painted my front grille. Previous owner had glued it too the bumper, so couldn't remove it

20150307_150903_zps8ukeyns8.jpg

20150307_175827_zps59pp5uqg.jpg

Also removed the wheels to properly clean and seal them with Planet Polish wheel seal. What a mundane job that turned out to be!

20150307_174619_zpsyroeccyg.jpg
hi whats steps did you take to do the grill,want to do mine tomz thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sanded and Polished the headlights, and machine polished a scratch off the door.
Re-dyed the carpets black.

No expense spared on this old girl!

172 rag
Gave it a good wash, changed light bulbs to Philips +130% and went for a drive in some of the finest welsh B roads.
Maybe its not that boring after all :)

Had a new rear tyre fitted as I got a puncture last week then fitted my arb after having it sat in my boot for over a year!

172 rag
Inner powerflex ARB bushes, steering rack powerflex bushes and a new renault exhaust back box.
If my top mounts were properly fitted I would probably say that these have made the most significant difference compared to new wishbones and track rods/ends.
Driving it with an exhaust that it doesnt give me headache is so muchhhh better. And no I dont mind a proper grN exhaust
but this mpouuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa at everything more than 2200rpm is a pain.
Useless f......ing cheap pattern exhausts. Avoid.

RenaultSport 172
Today I changed the oil & filter. Only done 2k miles since the last change!
Also changed the upper engine mount for a vibratechnics while I waited for the oil to drain. Pulled the engine forward when I did it as I read I should. Now I can't get it in first or reverse very easily lol
Will have to adjust when I fit the gearbox mount.
Also removed the strut brace as its going up for sale
Still got to fit a new throttle cable.

172 Ph1
Yes @Fantom - Jack the car up drivers side , take it out from bulk head . As I have custom heat shields its a lot easier , move them if applicable and feed it through . 20 mins tops ole chap . Come on chop chop get it done .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426954450.623090.jpg