ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Exhaust for my 172?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my exhaust is blowing again, had enough so its time for a change so what to get?!

ive got about £400 to spend for a cat back, going to order it tomorrow hopefully!

it cant be overly loud as they days for me are passed lol

i was looking at the k-tec stealth mk2 but heard they sound crap, and i liked the recessed k-tec but its the same design as the mk2 stealth and sounds the same!!

so now been looking at the GDI Stealth/recessed, this system looks brilliant in recessed form and is hidden in stealth form, seems quite loud but not overly loud so thats an option.

what other options are out there? quite like prospeed but just want something i can order and fit in my garage, cant be bothered with a long trip since im in scotland!

got an awesome powerflow dealer near who done my old system on my 1.2 but would rather have something thats been designed to the car/engine tbh.

cheers!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I loved my ph1 stealth from k-tec, sounded lovely. But the new one is rank!!!

I'd consider a custom job and recess'd into the bumper.

The Beast MK4
Im surprised your exhaust hasn't fallen off! Mine was spectacular!

As for my K-tec I like it. Sounds good under acceleration and quiet when you need it to be. Only problem with mine was that I got a dodgy centre section and had to have it replaced.

Mk4 .:R32
ps mine starting blowing, about 10 days later it was hanging off, about 2 inches off the floor.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
my k tec one sounds ok but quality aint great. its about 2-3 years old now. back box started rattling so had to go back under warranty about a year ago and now centre box is doing the same. Stay away from a magnex i had nothing but bother with mine. i will never buy a magnex again.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
ps mine starting blowing, about 10 days later it was hanging off, about 2 inches off the floor.

I think mine is heading this way as we speak:mad: . I have decided to go for a powerflow from Top Gear Performance in Burnley (heard good things about them on here) Only thing is they can't do it until the end of next week. Should I pull the back box off for safty and is the noise bad when you do because I will have to keep on going to work with it?:dapprove:

BMW M135i

I think mine is heading this way as we speak:mad: . I have decided to go for a powerflow from Top Gear Performance in Burnley (heard good things about them on here) Only thing is they can't do it until the end of next week. Should I pull the back box off for safty and is the noise bad when you do because I will have to keep on going to work with it?:dapprove:

Is ungodly loud and I wouldn't want the gasses to be venting on the underside of the body for any great period of time. No longer than I had anyway.

Will echo the magnex comment, well made and sounds great, fits f**king shite!!! (yes i'm currently having problems with it knocking and i'm fully racked off with it)

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i had the gdi stealth, car seemed to pull much better!

it's a bit loud on the M way not bad normal driving, but its sounds great when booting it;)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Is ungodly loud and I wouldn't want the gasses to be venting on the underside of the body for any great period of time. No longer than I had anyway.

Hmm, well my neighbour said we can get in his pit tomorrow and he does welding and stuff so might try and patch it or something to keep it as it is for the week. Gutted I've only had the car 6 weeks:dapprove: .

Leon Cupra 300
^ Hey mate... Mine has a Custom jobbie on from a place in Rochdale. Is a CAT back and was 270 quid fitted, proepr decent quality, hidden, and is fairly quiet! Got put on the car about 2 weeks befor i bought it.

If you want details i will dig them out?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
^ Hey mate... Mine has a Custom jobbie on from a place in Rochdale. Is a CAT back and was 270 quid fitted, proepr decent quality, hidden, and is fairly quiet! Got put on the car about 2 weeks befor i bought it.

If you want details i will dig them out?

Yeah you can let me know the details and I will give them a bell cheers;) , was thinking of the place in Burnley because of all the good things I read about them on on hear but a week might be along time to wait if I cant do anyhing with it tomorrow.

Jap Shed
See if you can get to cardiff for a pro speed. had it a year now and its awsome and only £250, you cant move it when u grab it at the back dont pay £400 + for all this loud shite that "Makes a difference".

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

I've used the guys at Powerflow / Topgear in Burnley . Couldn't fault their work , 90 mins in and out job done :) I'd definitely use them again without hesitation .

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Im surprised your exhaust hasn't fallen off! Mine was spectacular!

it already has lol its been off twice and been back under warranty already had a new backbox and a new centre section! its got a patern part centre section, not a genuine one and its even worse, doesnt fit properly etc!!

really not sure what i want, gibson172 has a custom from motorsport world on his so ill give him a phone and have a shot of his and see what i think, but i remmeber it being a bit louder than i wanted, and he asked for as quiet as possible!!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Mine did the same :p

I drove the 70 miles from my house to GDI to get a new one, with the exhaust sat in the boot.. hearing wasn't right til about a week later

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Think its going to be the GDI just cant decide between the Stealth or recessed!! i think the recessed looks awesome but if i want to sell the car standard its not ideal! but no plans for selling any time soon so suppose thats ok!

any reviews on it?