ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does this fuse do?

182ff
Hi guys

Second from left at the top.

My 182 died on me on a very dangerous road in pissing rain this morning, coasted to a stop 20 meters from the exit of a blind bend, I couldn't believe it! Anyway after panicking for a bit I looked at the fuses under the bonnet and the second fuse in from the left had blown. It was a 7.5 amp fuse, I found a 2.5 amp spare fuse in the car that got me home. Anyway that one just blew so I put a 10amp fuse in.

So my questions are was the 7.5 amp fuse the correct one? Why would it blow? What does it do, fuel pump? Is there any harm in having a 10amp fuse in there?

f032f5cb81219b94bdad8f39325a0b53_zps76ebcdc3.jpg

1.2 16v
You got anything new extra leading to your electics? amp? new speakers etc? Maybe that the Ampage you've got flowing through was to high which blew it, which is maybe why the 2amp one blew too. Not too sure what that particular fuse does though. I'd watch out though, until you know what that fuse is i would be careful... wouldn't want you to overload anything... doubt it though.

Did you flick any switch etc when it happened? Speakers max etc..?

182ff
You got anything new extra leading to your electics? amp? new speakers etc? Maybe that the Ampage you've got flowing through was to high which blew it, which is maybe why the 2amp one blew too. Not too sure what that particular fuse does though. I'd watch out though, until you know what that fuse is i would be careful... wouldn't want you to overload anything... doubt it though.

Did you flick any switch etc when it happened? Speakers max etc..?

no all standard mate. Anyone else care to answer ?

MG ZR 1.8
All the fuses are shown either in the lid of the fuse box cover, like a diagram. Or in the manual

If that helps

182ff
All the fuses are shown either in the lid of the fuse box cover, like a diagram. Or in the manual

If that helps
Hi thanks for the reply but for some reason the fuses under the bonnet are not shown anywhere? Someone on here must know ?

GT 86
I know it doesnt help with your problem, But as regards fuel pump/injection fuse, I am sure the fuse for this is the Blue 15amp one bottom left.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
an help with the Relays but not the fuses. Unless you can see which relay links to which fuse.

There are pictures of others Engines fuses boxes on teh site if you want to compare.