ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you hate about your Clio?

TT 225
i hate the annoying extra wipe the wipers do after using your squirties. and round abouts when too fast for second gear but to slow for third. HEAT SHIELDS renault fit the b*****ds properly. i think thats it.

+1 from me lmao...i just noticed today with the motorways beinfull of s**t now that i give my windscreen a spray....3 wipes...PERFECT!...1 more wipe FTL and iv got all the smudges back from the road again!!!

along with:

rattles from dash
rattles from sunroof when cold
solenoids
steering wheel melted a bit.
keep losing my oil cap....£11.99 x 2

330Ci (Fail)Sport
the mahoosive bus sized steering wheel - not girl friendly! & the crap turning circle which means 20 point turns!

the fact that new tyres cost £149 :(

each?!

I paid £60 each for f1 eagles.

I think the turning circle is ok lol only have issues on very tight lanes.

Artic Blue Clio 182 05

big steering wheel
cant lower steering wheel by much
crap seating position
clutch is heavy
wipers are crap
bonnet dints if mechanics arnt careful
annoying noise from relays working in the car
rattles
exhaust brackets
tramlining
not fast enough up to 5k
accelerator pedal too low
fuel gauge.

but i love it.....

'51, 172
the fact that today ive realised that no car insurance comparison website recognises my car when i enter the reg. WTF?

Caterham 270R
The steering wheel where all the leather / plastic is peeling off on the top

Come on renault do a big warranty thing on all of our wheels :(

b/g 182, meg tourer
that you can't do anythink worth while to a 1.2

yes you can! you can make it look just as good (if not better) than an rs model! as brembo and biohzard demonstrate!
tuning wise you are limited. but its possible. engine conversion

RS 182
I actually don't mind the driving position or the steering wheel, although both remind me of the disabled/elderly carts that you see being driven through airport terminals.
I have size 10 1/2 feet & the pedal spacings (including the footrest) are fine for me.
I've only driven the car a day & what does slightly annoy me are the remarkable amount of noise Renault managed to obtain from the switches when using the windows & my RS 182 seems to have the loudest indicators in the history of automotive production.
Slightly less annoying is the fit & finish on the trim. What's the 1/4 inch gap between the big L-shaped plastic inner door trim & the window all about??

What makes up for all the issues are the performance & handling.
Although totally different, the little clio is as good in my opinion as my previous car, an S14 200sx.
On a £14k car, Renault got it bang-on right where it counts.