ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do I need to get proper surround sound working?

The Fatty is right, some boxes do. One box that does is the non-recording HD box that people are forced to get if their dish does have the bandwidth to record and watch at the same time.

Thats the only box and there are not loads of those out there

2014 Focus Titanium
How strange, my box got that very update last night! I can get rid of my coax now :) I wonder if they'll start doing movies with Dolby True HD, long shot due to the bandwidth but that would be awesome :)

In which case we willl see what mine does as they hadnt ... how did you tell you got it last night ,

True hd would be good as I run a propper 7.1 setup but I doubt it

right , had sky round this morning .... as we had the dish moved as the trees were blocking the signal , latest update onto my 890 and no 5.1 over hdmi at all ,just stereo ....

Edit. Unaware of that update.

i had been told that the 890 and 895 boxes didn't have the hardware to put 5.1 over hdmi ,and only the non recording 595 box could ....

so what was said above was mis information , however still struggling with 5.1 out of sky :( on the new amp , any which way ....

​fortunately i am sitting here and can configure the amp over the network from my pc .

2014 Focus Titanium
i had been told that the 890 and 895 boxes didn't have the hardware to put 5.1 over hdmi ,and only the non recording 595 box could ....

so what was said above was mis information , however still struggling with 5.1 out of sky :( on the new amp , any which way ....

​fortunately i am sitting here and can configure the amp over the network from my pc .

What Amp do you have mate? I can confirm since the update I am receiving Dolby D 5.1 through HDMI on my Denon. I new mine had updated because when I came down in the morning it was on the Sky intro screen. I then looked on the audio settings screen and saw the new setting which looks like this:

4192d1363676991-more-new-features-skys-epg-hdmi_dd.jpg

This update has been getting rolled out since March, if you haven't got it why not try a forced update? Use the following method:

"Switch the box off at the mains. hold down the backup button on the box, switch power back on whist holding the backup button on the box down until the 4 LED's on front of the box come on and the "Updating System Software" message comes on-screen, remove your finger from the backup button if you haven't done so already, do not disturb for 10 or so minutes until the message disappears and the box reboots."

My box was new in march ..... however done another forced update and now see that menu.

Will see if it configs ok ......

Now all they need to do now is roll out android tablets on sky go