ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What/did you get next?

Clio 182 FF
What would you/did you buy after a clio sport? I keeping looking on pistonheads and autotrader but not much leaps out at me. I quite like VX220s but something doesn't draw me and things like civic FD2s are too expensive.

Not that I am going to change but I probably will in he future.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ye'll be Bach!

The obvious progression is Meganes but the world is your oyster.

I want a v8 out of my system next. But as I'm not a baller it'll either be a short lived romp with a v8 or a megane next.

I'm in no rush to change the clio though

I got this next (seriously!)
Massive change in circumstances and about 12 months between a 182 and this though!

6272108612_cf3dbe8157_z.jpg
Day 661: 23/10/11 - The Fridge by v15ben, on Flickr

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
After selling my second 172 I bought an Audi S4 the 2.7 bi-turbo. It was an absolute monster off the line and in a straight line! However it bored me to tears in the bends etc, so I came back. 3rd time lucky!

Listerine & Poledo
non ricer-spec MX5.
-identical running costs
-better/more involved handling (you think twice between planting your foot half-way around an off-camber, downhill bend in the damp)
-nice to have no roof

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Once my 200 goes this month I won't be replacing it for the foreseeable future.

No need.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I replaced my 182 with a 330. I love the Beemer but I know I will buy a 182 again one day. More than likely as a toy.

Replaced my flamer 172 with a bmw e36 328 which has been pretty heavily modified by a mate of mine!
I love it, wouldn't change back for the world!

The beemer is faster, clio is probably quicker in twisties but tbh I love my RWD now so getting the back end to step out a little I find more fun these days :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415106658.475947.jpg

Astra VXR, don't miss the Clio as much as i thought i would tbh!

Yes the Clio is better on the twisty stuff and is just as quick in real life but i don't miss the smallness and rattles and the general 'old' car feel. Still, such a cracking car though! They have that character about them.

Suzuki Jimny
Replaced my flamer 172 with a bmw e36 328 which has been pretty heavily modified by a mate of mine!
I love it, wouldn't change back for the world!

The beemer is faster, clio is probably quicker in twisties but tbh I love my RWD now so getting the back end to step out a little I find more fun these days :smile:

View attachment 116371

I also replaced my 172 cup with an E36 328i sport.
Got fed up of how boring it was and got an MX-5, then got my current clio :)

They always return.

I also replaced my 172 cup with an E36 328i sport.
Got fed up of how boring it was and got an MX-5, then got my current clio :)

They always return.

I actually originally got a 328 sport convertible and it was boring.... Then bought this current one off my mate and its superb! It's had a lot of work done though, over £2k spent on engine alone so its a bit of a beast :)

Not sure what car id like next - something turbo but wouldn't want to leave RWD

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Mine goes new 182 in 2004 -> Z3M in 2008 -> briefly E60 M5 in 2014 -> High boost 172 cup current

WR1 impreza
Impreza WR1. Wouldn't hesitate in returning to Renaultsport ownership in the future but only alongside the impreza. Bloody love the thing lol

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
A E46 DIEsel estate and an Abarth 500. Looking for An E46 M3 and a Morris minor (or beetle convertible) next.

The Abarth wasn't as quick as the 172 but a tuning box helped.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I went Clio 182 - Punto GT3 - R5 GT Turbo - Impreza STI - Clio 182 :)

Next? Probably either a Civic Type-R or Fiesta ST.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I had a dream once never to buy a blob eye , especially a uk spec one haha , good to see you back in a 182

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Went to BMW 118D m-sport (shite car)
2001 focus 1.6 zetec s, loved it!
2013 Leon FR, great car
2014 Fiesta ST-3 now.