ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Colour? Respraying a PH1 172

Ph 1 172
The purple is pretty much black, like the midnight purple old Nissan skylines used to be check it out looks really nice

DSC_6591.jpg
DSC_6650.jpg

its simples:)Trophy red
you can lock the thread now;)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Car companies spend hundreds of thosands of pounds researching what colours will not only sell, but look best on the shape of a car.

Did check the vertigo green Saner i dont like it :boring: i'm tore between white, liquid yellow because it hasn't been done yet and its a lovely color. or maybe racing blue

Opinions guys?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Do you want it to be a bright colour, as Deep Bronze, and Moonlight are rare but darker in colour.

Car companies spend hundreds of thosands of pounds researching what colours will not only sell, but look best on the shape of a car.

Car companies pick colours that will have a universal appeal so will suit billy bob, his mum and his granny.

All I know is if I was going for a full respray and the associated expense, I would want something extraordinary and not something that I will see on the Yaris or parked next to me.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
So you gran would buy a Liquid Yellow, Inferno, Racing Blue?

I didn't say not to look around, the Merc White CLio in the Projects thread shows how well it can work, just to be carefull. Candy Red is an awesome colour, but in a clio it would look s**t. The shapre of the car doesn't work with the colour.

So you gran would buy a Liquid Yellow, Inferno, Racing Blue?

I didn't say not to look around, the Merc White CLio in the Projects thread shows how well it can work, just to be carefull. Candy Red is an awesome colour, but in a clio it would look s**t. The shapre of the car doesn't work with the colour.

I'd like to think that when I'm 70 I'd still consider any colour. :D

I wonder who at Renault researched the bronze V6 colour? I'm not saying it's a bad colour but they only sold a couple of dozen of them.

Colours like candy apple are popular on American heavy metal which are usually curvy cars so should take to a clio quite nicely.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
The actually only sold one Deep Bronze, lol

Agreed the Clio is curvy, but bot big sweeping curves front and back like ols american muscle, personally i think it would look pants!

Has Acid Yellow been suggested? Although I think that may look rough too

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
yeah i know, i knew id seen a yellow one for sale recently that stood out. i think it might just of been sunflower though

liquid yellow would look nice though, its a fuller brighter colour than sunflower.
hmmmm RB would either look amazing or gash. i love RB

Our Track Car

3316776725_5ecb0deec5_o.jpg

Do you want it to be a bright colour, as Deep Bronze, and Moonlight are rare but darker in colour.

A light colour is really what im after. something bright but looks crisp in the sun and is easy to match with different colour wheels etc.

So a bright bright yellow would not match with dark wheel imo, where as LY looks nice against anthracite wheels as the colours are both suitable

Evo 5 RS
Liquid yellow would look s**te on a ph1, the car looks too dated. White or RB if those are your only choices you're considering

Back on topic guys :) what colour?

Glacier White

Liquid Yellow

Racing Blue?

Opinions please

All would look good!

Also can't help but think Arctic or mondial blue would look good. Maybe not as impressive as the above but it is very well recognised and wasn't an original ph1 colour so therefore maybe not an obvious "respray" to the untrained eye (if that makes any sense?!)