ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Colour? Respraying a PH1 172

Hey,

I currently have a Black Pearl PH1 which I am currently restoring/doing up. Grabbed it for a bargin with 70k on the clock for £800. However the body work has a fair bit of paint blemishes, scratches etc... The front bumper has a nasty scuff, the bonnet has stone chips and some peeling also near the filler cap there are some small scratches but are down to the metal. So I'm thinking of getting the car resprayed as I can get a good price as its a good mate's uncle who owns the business. I would like to do something original so im thinking a Liquid Yellow... However i do like glacier white and racing blue. But it has been done before :dapprove:

My plans for the car before the respray is the following

• Good service/Belts
  • PH2 Rear Lights
  • Get a hold of a PH2 rear bumper and cup spoiler
  • De-Wiper

My Plans for now after the respray

• Yozza or supersprint exhaust with decat
  • HID's
  • Refurb F1's in silver, anthracite or black
  • Collies
  • New discs/pads
  • OMP Steering wheel
  • Remap
Later plans might be stripping, cage, ITB's, Respray inside shell where bare in Pearl Black, bucket seats etc....

So your ideas on colours :rasp: ?

Definately keeping it a Renault colour, just been perving at some white and RB coloured PH1's posted on here :hail:

Liquid yellow though... Looks so nice

Attachments

• Renault colours.png
    Renault colours.png
    269.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
  MK3 GTI golf 16v
Is it me or is the bonnet a lighter orange to the rest of the car? still looks amazing though!

orange is really dodgy to photograph, probably just that. or the lighting. my brother has a fiat punto sport in standard orange and in the wrong light the bonnet and wing mirrors look different colours as well

either that or crap re-spray haha, still looks awsome imo

orange is really dodgy to photograph, probably just that. or the lighting. my brother has a fiat punto sport in standard orange and in the wrong light the bonnet and wing mirrors look different colours as well

either that or crap re-spray haha, still looks awsome imo

Meh 'You've been tango'd' comes to mind...

Back on topic... Liquid Yellow as it hasn't been done yet as far as Im aware?

Or racing blue, glacier white as they have both proven to look amazing on PH1's

If i where to get liquid yellow i'd be tempted to try and get my hands on a set of recaro's from a 200, meggy etc with yellow stitching to contrast...

liquid yellow has been done on a ph1 mate, but it does look nice

Really? Sunflower yellow is a colour they came in mind does look different to liquid yellow. I definately dont fancy alien green or any or the greys/blacks

Definately between LY, RB and glacier white though...

MK3 GTI golf 16v
yeah i know, i knew id seen a yellow one for sale recently that stood out. i think it might just of been sunflower though

liquid yellow would look nice though, its a fuller brighter colour than sunflower.
hmmmm RB would either look amazing or gash. i love RB