ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet seats and wet headlining driverside

Clio mk2 phase 2
Sooooooo, after all the shitty weather i noticed that my drivers seat was wet and the lining behind my sun visor was soaked. Drainage pipe blocked do you reckon? Amd how easy is it to find a blockage in your bulkhead and take your sunroof out?

Clio
there are 3 drainage points, 1 either side under the scuttle panel and a pipe behind the engine in the middle, these get VERY gunked up so give these a clean out and it should be fine. as for the sunroof there is a little red clip on the handle, unclip this and just lift the sunroof out. run some water down the drainage tubes just to make sure they drain as they should, all going to plan that should be job done!

Clio mk2 phase 2
The pipes are clear and water runs smoothly out. Both drainage points clear under the sunroof and the pipe that goes from the bulkhead is clear and passing water easily. Confused.
19690F9A-777E-43E9-92AE-257E3EB47659-3790-0000053F66490C53.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It'll be the main seal mate, just done one last week. IIRC it's around £76 from Renault.

Headlining down, unbolt the sunroof and remove. Clean and degrease the seal area thoroughly then reverse to refit and leave to cure

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Had one last week:

pe2evy5y.jpg

Needed a new seal as the original had come away from the roof sheet. Water was getting in under the frame and making some nasty marks on the head lining and seats.

Westfield, 182, 200
My lad's 1.2 had a leak from the sunroof this morning, 2nd time in 6 months? Strange...

Clio mk2 phase 2
Yeah im thinking maube its only when we have excessive rain like yesterday. Gna rip the sunroof out sunday and give it a good clean. The seal seemed fine so might be the hinges.

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
I have the exact same stains on my drivers seat and headlining, i had my sunroof seals changed 18 months ago so i'm sure it can't be that. I'm assuming it must be blocked drains. Although the clamp that locks the sunroof down is broke although its still fully operational im wondering whether that is causing a leak?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i know mines an electric sunroof, but my seal gasket failed under the plastic trim, had to unbolt the sunroof, take the crappy old gasket off with a scrapper and i sealed it again with black waterproof silicon bathroom sealant. not had a leak since. ( done months ago and we've had heavy rain on and off over here for a while )

Clio mk2 phase 2
Well I looked and you know the plastic surround of the sunroof on the outside of the car, there's slight gaps and movement I think.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Well I looked and you know the plastic surround of the sunroof on the outside of the car, there's slight gaps and movement I think.

got two choices then. buy a renault rip off gasket, or get some silicone and fix it yourself.

not a hard job tbh. its trying not to wreck the grab handles and sun visor clips as you pull them out , thats the hard bit

E30 325i & 172 Cup
My brother had a similar problem with his Clio, so rang a local place that repaired sunroofs. They suggested rubbing Vaseline into the rubber where it meets the glass and it worked a treat.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Trouble with silicon is it will break down faster than the original seal and I have to warrant all my work so can't use DIY fixes like that