ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very wet Clio

2003 1.4 16V Clio
Evening!

My new 03 plate Clio has a couple of leaks. The first is the headlining right at the front of the car, which I've decided (obvious - seems to affect EVERY Mk2 clio) is the sunroof, so i've removed that and i'm waiting for some draft excluder to re-seal with.

The second wet patch is the boot, drivers side. People have mentioned it being the rear boot stops that leak through, so I sealed them up, and some say the lights, so i've checked them and they seem fine. I'm not sure it is the boot stops, as when I removed the carpets from the sides in the boot, the wheel arch was wet. Anyone think it could be condensation? Or something more serious? Any other leaks around that area that are common? Headlining in that area is bone dry, but the rear seats (bottoms) are soaked.

It's hard finding leaks in this car, because the previous owner decided to literally silicone-seal everything. The sunroof was sealed shut, and all the rear windows have been sealed on the inside!! (Yet it still leaks, so absolutely pointless)

Beginning to regret my £500 runabout project car purchase! Help! :laughing: