ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Went to look at a Trophy earlier...

This is actually the first 172/182 I've properly looked at with a view to buying.
A few things I noticed:

1. The idle was pretty lumpy - are they all like that?
2. The coolant level was well above the max mark
3. The Recaros were very stiff to push forward (to allow someone to get into the back).

Just looking for any thoughts ^ :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I dont have a trophy and i dont have a lumpy idle.

I do however have the recaros and they are a bit stiff. I greased the rails up and that helped with the stiffness.

Clio 197
Coolant - one possibility is - If the engine was warm the coolant level could well sit above the max mark, it should drop once it has cooled again.

Suzuki Jimny
Coming from a 172 to a 328, I used to think the bmw was broken because of how smooth it was!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I Can Only Echo The Above.

My V6 Vectra was like a mouse next to the clio.
"If" it has uprated poly bushes i would say that you will feel it more as i deff do with mine but it is something that soon grows on you.

My Coolant when off and cold is below the Max line by about 1cm but when you have been for a good drive and its all warmed up it sits right on the max line.

The seats are stiff and have always been, Just make sure that you do grease them up and check the cables as they are £125 a pop from renault if they snap