ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well after 9months...

E60 diesel powah
Its finally alive! Some of you may remember the trouble ive had with the Audi, basically cutting the long story short, my oil pressure light decided to pop on late december, further investigation meant that the oil pump had gone, cracked block and a p1ssed up turbo.

After sourcing an engine and turbo from some cowboys down south i got it fitted and the car wouldnt start. Sent the car to them, recieved a phone to say its working come collect it. So i went on my way down to essex, got there took it for a quick test drive and boom! It went again, waste of a trip blew the engine and turbo again.

A month later i get another phone call to say engine is running however a bit lumpy. I cut my losses because i had spent way too much trying to fix it and brought the car back up north and got it fixed by one of my good mates, once he did his checks and got the car running we went on a quick drive and still felt lumpy. Brought it back to the garage seeing the turbo had also p1ssed through. Meaning i had to buy another turbo spending more money.

So 9months down the line we got the car finally running and 1000miles later it drives better than before, little bit lumpy on cold which is the glow plugs and are getting replaced tomorrow. Spent nearly £6000 :( trying to fix dont ask how or why but i have learnt from my mistakes. always get you engine Recond instead of buying. As for the guys down south, never recommend bunch of cowboys.

finished-1.jpg

finished.jpg

P.s what did Audi say about all of this? A threatening email about letters to the press usually makes them cough up a few pounds...!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Wow I can remember meeting you not long after this happened. Gutted that its took so long to fix but looks sweet dude I love A4s. Bet it feels great to have it back on the road.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell that's a lot of money but glad to see it up and running again.... You been using the Clio whilst its been broken?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Sorry i would of had to pay a couple of junkies £50 to torch it tbh.6k is way too much.

Glad youve finally got it sorted though.

BMW M135i
2007 plate also! What engine? TD or petrol?
2.0 TDi 140. They have an issue with the plastic oil pump chain guide/tensioner plenty of cases if you google. The repair kits replaces all the pump drive gear but sometimes you can't get the old sprocket off the crank so the engine is ends up useless anyway.

57 and last december places it just outside of warrenty i'd have thought? Surely audi would have contributed if not repaired it.

E60 diesel powah
Bloody hell that's a lot of money but glad to see it up and running again.... You been using the Clio whilst its been broken?

Yeah fella done me proud!!

2007 plate also! What engine? TD or petrol?

TD :(

6 grand!??! Bloody hell ... sorry to hear that.

Would have been the 2.0 Tdi 140 Tom. Ticking time bomb.

Definatley really gutted it happened but had to get sorted.

Sorry i would of had to pay a couple of junkies £50 to torch it tbh.6k is way too much.

Believe me it crossed my mind a fair few times.

Only keeping it another month or so, looking at E60 525d at the moment.

53 Clio's & counting
2.0 TDi 140. They have an issue with the plastic oil pump chain guide/tensioner plenty of cases if you google. The repair kits replaces all the pump drive gear but sometimes you can't get the old sprocket off the crank so the engine is ends up useless anyway.

57 and last december places it just outside of warrenty i'd have thought? Surely audi would have contributed if not repaired it.

Correct, they did just the spur gear to begin with, but then we got to change the whole pump assembly - £800 for that + fitting.

Though to be honest, we didnt do too many, id say 5-7 a month, and we see 40 cars a day.

With regards to warranty, if the car has Audi full history then they would offer some sort of goodwill, but miss one service or have it outside the dealer network and they wont offer anything.

Didnt realise you had some many problems mate, I could have got a new exchange engine for circa 3k

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
nightmare at the cost, oh about the other day didnt reconise you at first with you being in the barge lol.

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Suprised they are still in business, had nothing but greif with second hand engines lately, people just take the piss. Ideal engine's are robbing b******s!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I'd have done that after the first time it broke! Sack paying all that out.

E60 diesel powah
Suprised they are still in business, had nothing but greif with second hand engines lately, people just take the piss. Ideal engine's are robbing b******s!

Been shut down before was called global engine and jap autos

BBS and Lowws...
Hey mate love your car, just wondering how low this is (front and back)?

DSC08796.jpg

Also, where can I get these coilovers from? got a link or website? any info would be great, i really want me car low like yours ;)

B-e-a-u-ti-ful ;)

-Will

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
And im getting upset that i have to spend £50 for a new front wheel bearing for my A4 tdi lol.