ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Website's, Can this be done?

A group of us want to go to malia (woohoo) next year around june.
because the people live in nearly all compleatly seperate parts of the NW, geting money and decisions are impossible and as a result, i had an idea of making a quick free website or using a facebook group to inform people of info.
I would also like to tie in a payment scheme where by peope can deposit as much or as little as they want when they want to get the holiday covered.
i know a similar thing is in exsitance with wedding gifts and sponsorship scheme's but after a bit of research, im unsure how its done or wether it can be done.

Any idea's?

SLK 350
Not without paying some sort of fee.

You could easily knock-up a website with a Paypal/Protx payment system which would desposit the money to an account of your choice, but you'd be paying 2-3% fee and you'd need means of tracking who paid for what.

Sounds like a complete faff to be honest, personally in the age of internet banking I'd just setup a joint account or an investment account then get everyone to just wire the money, easier, cleaner, safer.

I would have said the same as The Hoff. Setting up a Paypal payment is easy, but there are fees.

seting up a new bank account isnt that easy either to be honest.
i reckon in the long run it mite be the smarter idea, i will consult the people involved.

Cheers for your help.

172 cup'd extreme
Ive wig a few times they make a small charge for their services but its not as high as paypal, and the system works very well reminding others they need to pay by a certain date etc

just in case people were wondering, they charge 50p per transaction plus a credit card chagre, if you use one. it doesnt say how much that is though :S