ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty Questions

I know I have asked this before, but I was wondering if there is anyone who has really looked into this in detail with Renault???

I want to lower my 2003 Clio and also do some other bits, like put 16"s on initially.

Does anyone know what Renault think about this as far as the warranty is concerned? I dont want to lower it, then get a major problem that I have to pay for because I have invalidated the warranty.

I have asked my garage, but they were very vague about it, so thought Id ask here first. Cheers.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

from what Ive heard from other people I dont think it would completely invalidate your warranty but say if you lowered it and then your shocks started leaking they would say its because you lowered it but if your engine blows up they cant really blame that on lowering springs (even though they might try;))

if you put lowering springs on your renault with bigger wheels this will not invalidate you warranty. If you do get a problem with the car due to the modification Renault will just inform you that if the problem has occured due to the mod - eg a rattle, you will have to put the car back to standard - this is unlikely though as renault themselves sell additional extras like alloys and bodykits so they wont really bother if you do some slight mods - i fitted a nitrous oxide kit to my v6 and blew the engine up - Renault covered it and fitted me a brand new £5k engine !!

So u reckon lowering 40mm and adding 16"s wont be a problem then - anything I could do that would be a problem u reckon?

Thats quite cool to know. Does it matter where I get stuff done etc? Ive been told Torsion Tuning is good?

Also my insurance co (Renault Insurance) kept asking me if they would be factory fitted when I was asking about mods - what do u think on that one? Should I say yes, or be honest?!

right, when i checked with reno they said, whatever i change will not be covered by their warranty

springs = anything suspension related
exhaust + filter = anythig that could be attributed to the air fuel mixture
wheels = driveshafts (gearbox???)
bodykit = AFAIK paintwork warranty

Mk5 R32 (ex.182 (Cupped))

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 18 September 2003

bodykit = AFAIK paintwork warranty

Even if u add a rear spoiler the paintwork warrenty on the bonet is invalid? :confused:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Bam Bams list is correct (gearbox is covered)

What do you expect? they cover the car as they built it.

You add anything its your problem.

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio16v on 18 September 2003

Bam Bams list is correct (gearbox is covered)

What do you expect? they cover the car as they built it.

You add anything its your problem.
I dont expect anything matey, just want to know what is worth playing with and what isnt really!