ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty/Dealer Problems.. help.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I'll give a very brief history. please take the time to read.. you may be able to help.

Traded my old 172 in for a 2 year old 182 in Sept 07.. when I test drove the car the emmission warning light on the dashboard was lit.

I stated to the salesman I would need that fixed before I purchased the car from them which he agreed (this is a main renault dealer btw not some side garage).

The day comes for me to pick it up and there was no warning light on.. drove around a bit and the light came back on which I reported to the dealer that day, therefor they had not fixed the problem.

By the time I had booked it in I had intermitent warning lights on for Emmissions, ABS and Traction control aswell as a cracked screenwash bottle. I dropped it off and got a call later that day to say its all fixed but they had to order the screenwash bottle so could I book it back in. After driving for 10 minutes on the way home.. all three lights were back on again!!!! they had fixed nothing !

I made a booking over the phone which I later had to cancel due to illness. I booked the car in again (it was still under warranty) and the first date they could offer me was Yesterday when the car would be then be out of warranty. Please note that this is the 3rd time they are being asked to rectify the problem.

They are now asking for me to pay for 3 hours worth of investigative work and stating it wont be covered under warranty. WTF ?

This is the same problem that i've been trying to get fixed for 7 months, the third time I have had the car in to them, the last of which I booked in while it was still under warranty and they have failed to fix any of the faults !!

I traded my 172 in and took their finance out for the remainder so complaining to the finance company may be another option....

Basically i'm just looking for legal advice or any advice for that matter.

Cheers.

cock mobile.
I'd defo ring Reno uk about this KDF, there's no way they can argue that it cannot be covered as it is clearly a reoccurring fault that a shoddy dealership has not fixed in the first place.

Also check the Reno terms and conditions for used car purchases.

I had a problem years back where a Punto I bought had 3 months manufacturers warranty left, but I had a problem after about 6 months.

They claimed that it was out of warranty so I went away printed shed loads of details out from the FIAT website proving that ALL cars bought from them come with a dealer warranty of 12 months.

Maybe worth checking if Reno have the same thing.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'd defo ring Reno uk about this KDF, there's no way they can argue that it cannot be covered as it is clearly a reoccurring fault that a shoddy dealership has not fixed in the first place.

Also check the Reno terms and conditions for used car purchases.

I had a problem years back where a Punto I bought had 3 months manufacturers warranty left, but I had a problem after about 6 months.

They claimed that it was out of warranty so I went away printed shed loads of details out from the FIAT website proving that ALL cars bought from them come with a dealer warranty of 12 months.

Maybe worth checking if Reno have the same thing.

Renault wont have the same thing... All Renault Dealers are franchised so if it was a used car forcourt sale this will be a sales contract with the owner of the dealership not RUK.

The only way RUK will have to accept any responsability is if the car was a Renault To Go Sale (Approved used car, usually ex staff car)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Normally if an item is fixed or replaced by Renault it is warranted for at least 1year from that date.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Normally if an item is fixed or replaced by Renault it is warranted for at least 1year from that date.

All parts will carry a 12 month parts and labour warranty IF they were paid for by the owner of the car.

They wont however have a 12 month P&L warranty if they were replaced by warranty in the 1st place as you dont get a warranty on a warranty.

(I worked for Renault Customer services for 4 years before moving to Nissan)

Your best course of action is 1st to speak to the DP at the dealership find out what He or She says, then from there contact Renault CSD with a complaint about the dealership and the workmanship provided to you while your car was in warranty.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Your having to pay for this work and the warranty cover's not the main issue here KDF, they are plainly in breach of their contract with you. If they were not in breach of contract then you wouldn't be having these conversations with them as there would be no fault that needed fixing!!!

You made rectification of the faults a key condition of you agreeing to buy the car from them, and going by what you've written, they've been given ample time to do this and have failed, miserably.

Put that to them and see what they come back with.

I work at a renault main dealer, so the best thing to do, by experince is ask to see the service manager and explain the problem... 99% of main dealers will just do the work for free and charge it to the sales department ( as the car was faulty at the time of sale) If you get no luck then threaten to ring customer services. They wont want you to ring customer services as it gives that main dealer a bad score, so they should sort it for you. If they dont then ring customer services and they will talk to the main dealer to rectify the problems.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
davidmellors, I'm not getting at you when I say this (I value the input from everyone) but I really couldn't care if they want to protect their reputation. Their service has been shocking and as such I've been on the phone to RCS UK.

What amazes me about the dealer is I have their courtesy car.. and it seems they are not too interested in getting it back at this time. I have to phone them to chase up whats happening.. Although the service guy did think I would like to know I was stopping a customer getting their courtesy car the next day !!!! Maybe if they had fixed the problem the first time ? or even the second time ? or even the third ?

Unfortunatly RCS UK seem to be as inept at the dealer, after assuring me they would call the dealer.. then call me back I have received no phone call !

Maybe tommorow they will get their arse in gear.. until then I get a dirty courtesy car to drive around in... I have a feeling I will be speaking to CAB/TS and seeking legal advice before this gets resolved though.

(PS. the 2nd time my car went in with 4 faults it came out with 5 as they broke the cruise control lol)

Yea im sure u dont care what there reputation is, and i cant blame you really. All im saying is that the oly way to get it resolved is go above the service manager and speak to c.s. To let it go this far is ridiculous, the sales department should be charged as it was clearly faulty when the car was purchased.

Usually when c.s are involved things do get sorted though. Good luck

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Well they have now had my car for 3 days.. lol..

Gonna try phoning RCS UK again..

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
KDF Call RUK CSD and demand to speak to Mick Moore (CSD Director) / Lesley Taylor (CSD Senior Account manager) or Peter Tilbury (Senior Customer relations Manager)

1.2 TCE Clio Dynamique S
KDF Call RUK CSD and demand to speak to Mick Moore (CSD Director) / Lesley Taylor (CSD Senior Account manager) or Peter Tilbury (Senior Customer relations Manager)
I must admit that the only time I've had serious problems with anything a quick email to the Managing director got me a personal reply from them and a quick resolution from one of their lackies.

:)

Wiltsteve

Black 182
As long as you notifid them of the fault within the warranty period (which you did) they still have to fix it even if warranty has expired - it is not your fault that they have failed to repair it.
In any case, the previous 'repair' job that they did should have its own warranty.
Dealers suck ass.
Good Luck.;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quality ! :approve:

Yes I did notify them (again) within the warranty period. Not only that but after a little research I found out that they are in breach of contract as the salesman agreed to fix the fault before collection, which it clearly wasn't

Update for today:

Phoned RCS UK again at 10:30 as the person never got back to me yesterday - Told that she would contact the dealer and get back to me by 1pm

Phones RCS UK again at 2.45pm as no-one had phoned me back to be told they can't get in touch with the dealer and that they had left 2 messages.

Phoned Renault dealer again (15:00) and was told everyone was busy.. waited about 10 min on the phone before giving up.

Received call from dealer (15:20) to say he had a message to call RCS UK and do I know what its about as they cant get in touch with RCS UK... told dealer i've just spoken to them on the phone not long ago !! Dealer said they will try and get in touch with RCS UK again and call me back..

16:20... still nothing..

Guess I'm keeping the silver 1.2 clio beast for the w/end then...

Last edited:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I'll follow it up with a call on monday afternoon.

I'm a stubborn b'stard.. have no worries ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Well email was sent on Saturday.. no reply yet (don't expect a reply that quickly)

Telephone call from the dealer today asking what was happening... bah !

Telphoned RCS UK and asked to speak to Mick Moore.. unsuprisingly they claimed they didnt have that information and couldnt put me through. They are going to leave a message but it could be 4.30pm before they can get back to me ??

Does anyone have contact number for the 3 people above.. ?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
(sorry to be a pain and keep posting in this thread but it keeps a log of whats happening)

Nevermind...

I've now got as far as they are 'almost' guaranteeing that I wont have to pay anything.. but still want me to authorise the work.. which would leave me liable... not good enough and I've told them that !

And I just got a reply from Mr. Moore after I sent another email last night. Now were are making progress..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Its amazing what happens when you get through to the right person.

After my email from Mick Moore to say he was looking into it I received a phone call from the RCS manager and in the space of 5 minutes

1) she agreed with my argument
2) appologised for the hassle I had been caused
3) told me 3 hours investigative work was a piss take and should only take 1.5 hours
4) Authorised 1.5 hours work with the garage
5) Said she would deal directly with the manager of Evans Halshaw from now on and telephone me to keep me updated

Now why oh why couldnt they just have done this 7 days ago ! Why is it you have to escalate your case up to the director before you can speak to people that actually have to power to do something ! grr. !

Its not over yet but we're getting there !

P

PrincessJessica

just read the post.... you seem to be covered now

well done :)

Last edited by a moderator:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Jodie is a Honey, She will make sure your issues get sorted out. She has a great set of jugs as well :cry:

I Must get round to calling her and going for a drink soon.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Update,

They have just today looked at the car, and found it was the knock sensor causing the problem. The ABS was possilby some dodgy wiring which they say they have fixed but the light *may* come back on again in which case im to take it in while the light is still on as they have done all the diagnostics they can.

They have taken the car for a 40 mile test drive at speed (70mph) and nothing has come back on.

They didnt bother ordering the screenwash bottle the last time so I now have to wait for them to order it again, they say this isnt covered under warranty but Jodie later told me that no matter what happens I wont be seeing a bill for it and that if any of the problems re-occur I have to phone her and she will sort it out ! :)

All going well I should get my 182 back on Thursday.. 15 days in total lol

I would like to add though that Jodie has been nothing short of excellent, calling me almost everyday to ensure i was kept up to date. If only everyone at RCS was a Jodie heh ;)

Thanks again for your help -J- !

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Seriously couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Got a phone call from the dealer to say car was ready and come pick it up. Went to the dealers and handed over the keys for the courtesy car and got my keys back in return. Said to service guy hope I dont see you again soon (meaning I hope my car isnt back in for anymore work soon !)

Walk out the dealers and towards my car.. hmm.. they must have washed it despite me telling them not to..

no.. wait.. its still dirty.. why is the river nile flowing through my car ?

Get to the car and both the headlight washers as pissing out water and there is a big line running off down the hill !!

FFS !! so I go see the guy again who is shocked and goes to speak to the service manager. His explanation is.

"Ye.. it must have been like that before but now we have fitted a new screen wash bottle the pressure builds up in the bottle making it leak.. you need to pay for two new headlight washers".

#1 Before the screen wash bottle cracked it didnt leak at all
#2 When they temp fixed the cracked bottle it didnt leak at all right up to the point I dropped it off in Renault 16 days ago
#3 as soon as they touch the screen wash bottle suddenly there is water pissing out my car !!
#4 there is no f**king pressure in a screen wash bottle you tit !!

Is there a valve to stop the water just pouring out the bottle until the pump is activated ? cause its like its missing something to stop it just pouring out !

Needless to say I will be calling Jodie on Monday !! I am so pissed off right now!

BMW F21 125d
Main Dealers = Cowboys.
Just as it looked like you had it all sorted they go and break something else!