ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warning about purchasing and dealing with catcams

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
Full thread with other experiences http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149956

I no longer have a clio 182 I am a reputable person on here wrote the cambelt and dephaser change tutorial few years back in the members section. I would like you to read through mine and other unfortunate experiences with catcams that I feel the car community should know about to avoid others getting their fingers burnt off!!!

I have a bmw e36 M3 and i was looking into fitting performance camshafts proven route was Shrick but Catcams seemed like more bang for buck!!!! heres what happened:
I was unfortunate to purchase cams from Cat cams directly!!!!!
I seen that Schrick camshafts were proven and I stupidly believed catcams that they were better.

Looking on their website catcams offered a more aggressive cam and I liked the idea of being different and having a better result but thats not what happened!!!

I spoke with Catcams on the phone and spoke of my concerns that the engine details listed some of them were mixed up for example 3.0 m3 non vanos.
3.2 single vanos so i had to ask them what cams were correct for my engine which is m3 3.0 single vanos.

They confirmed there were errors on the website and told me which cams to purchase.

I paid the 1k for them and started fitting them something was not right!!!!!
I could not for the life of me get the exhaust cam timed up correctly I tried a tooth either way on the sprocket and it was still out by miles I used their timing data provided by them and used a proper mag base and clock and subtracted the valve clearances etc

emails back and forward with them taking two to three days to reply and some cheeky emails from Ken in Belgium he would try and come up with solutions to get them timed up unbeknown to me every day that passes was against me as according to trading standards when a customer has held onto goods for a reasonable period of time they are deemed of acceptable quality and is very hard to get a refund!!!!!!!

I asked to return cams for a full refund but they would not do this it was extremely frustrating I was stuck with something that was not right and they were asking me to modify cam sprockets to obtain the correct timing. Eventually they wanted me to send my original camshafts to them with my sprockets so they could get it right!!!! this was after months of trying everything they suggested!!!

I refused and and said I had no faith in their company and asked for a refund.
They said no.

I contacted Barclaycard 6 months later from emailing documents and photographs to try and explain to people who dont know anything about engines whats wrong with the camshafts this was extremely difficult and this is where my girlfriend came into play as she had been through uni and done lots of course work so she put together a case and sent it to barclaycard even then 6 months later after purchase an English woman this time phoned me to tell me she will get my refund!!!!! she phoned catcams uk on that day and ordered them to refund me or there would be serious consequences they denied knowledge of me said they did int know what she was talking about EVEN THOUGH she quoted invoice numbers address everything then suddenly he exclaims ahhh we refunded him already and she said eh no you havent refund him now!!!!! thanks to this woman I got my refund and learned my lesson go down the well trodden path!!!!!!
I found more information about catcams they conned a guy with an audi and they would not refund guys in portugal with suzuki gti i was starting to realise what kind of company I was dealing with my car colleagues were shocked at how devious this company will go to keep your money!!!!!

They would not refund him he is from italy and i have been in contact with him eventually like myself he did get refunded after threatening legal action!!!!!!
http://audisrs.com/f...096-0-asc-0.php
Now i want to point out that catcams did reply to his post
http://www.audizine.....rience-or-info check out posts 22,24,29,and importanly 33!!!!

I hope iv shown that no matter what condition or how poorly the product you receive you will find it extremely hard to get refunded from this horrible company not to mention the stress the time the car lay sitting there unused The stress put upon my relationship with my girlfriend as I was relying on her to help me!!!

http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149956

Last edited: