ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wandering

Following on from my other thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=186601
just checking im not being paranoid here...... If your driving along a straight road in your Clio and you let go off the wheel does it turn a little to the left and head towards the kerb. Mine goes dead straight if you hold the wheel at dead a head. Also as you steer round a corner does the wheel try to return to the centre dead ahead position. My tracking is perfect and the Renault garage have looked over it and nothing is bent suspension wise.

cock mobile.
If you hold the wheel straight, it should go straight, what do you want it to do? lol.

If you let go of the wheel it may head left a bit, but this is usually due to the camber of the road.

On a straight road with no camber like a freshly surfaced car park, if you let go off the wheel whilst going straight surely the wheel shouldnt turn to the left a little but stay pointing dead ahead.

cock mobile.
On a straight road with no camber like a freshly surfaced car park, if you let go off the wheel whilst going straight surely the wheel shouldnt turn to the left a little but stay pointing dead ahead.

I'm led to believe most modern UK cars would turn left a bit, it's a safety feature that means if you fall asleep at the wheel you end up in a ditch not into the oncoming traffic.

ITB BG 182
Ok i might have a problem then as if i hold my wheel for straight ahead then let it go it goes to the right severly some times and other times it will slightly go to the left, what can i do to fix this?

A Fcukin Car
Mine would drift to the right quite badly if I let go of the wheel, just had the tracking done last week and now it seams to pull over to the left.

RS-1, Bebop, CTR

I'm led to believe most modern UK cars would turn left a bit, it's a safety feature that means if you fall asleep at the wheel you end up in a ditch not into the oncoming traffic.

That's funny, I'am from the continent and my car tends to pull left as well, some safety feature, hah? ;)

Ok guys, just reporting back, took the car to Nottingham Alignment Services where they completed a four wheel alignment (£37).
http://www.alignment-services.co.uk/

Im not too good with the mechanical side of things, but basically they look up your car on their system then attatch a 'magic box' to each wheel, jack the car up and spin the wheel. This takes a multitude of measurements: camber, caster, toe, SAI, Included angle, turning angle, cross camber etc. This goes right over my head, but they then compare these measurements to a specified range Renault have given them, they can then make adjustments based on the results and give you a print out of the reading. The day I was in there they had a 56 plate Porker with 40miles on the clock that handled like a dog, sent it by the local dealer, someone had clearly knocked something out of line on a testdrive.
Oh and my car doesn't pull to either side now :)
Hope this helps.

Alex

cock mobile.

That's funny, I'am from the continent and my car tends to pull left as well, some safety feature, hah? ;)

lol, Renault obviously don't value their customers much!