ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wall Speakers?

I have wall speakers in my front room and they are looking abit pass there time, I fancy an update but have no idea whats a good update? can any one help?

Thanks

And

I am going to keep my built in speakers, but would like to put them into the back of the tv? but they come with the picture below wiring, can any one help with how to fit these into the back of the tv?

Thanks

7979544562_83d163d306_z.jpg

Saround Sound Wires by apicken21, on Flickr

Bumder With A Buffer
What outputs do you have on the back of the TV?

Just chop the connector off and attach the appropriate connector for the TV

Some older TV's "might" have these type of connectors for speaker outputs..but I "think" most newer ones have that type of output as well

535526a9_82-115-129-03.jpg

Although it might not be that easy of course if you only have one speaker output, it looks like you have 4 speakers there.

Last edited:
  Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah you cannot do that unless you take the audio outs (red and black in top left of your picture) to a woofer/something that splits the signal first. A surround sound box basically.

So basically you would come out of the tv via those two RCA sockets, into a unit that then feeds all your wall speakers.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
You say you want to update the speakers in the OP then say your keeping them. What speakers are they, what did they plug into before and what are you trying to achieve?

Chav Rocket
Cant see the pics on tapatalk...

Are your wall speakers powered? If not you need to invest in a amp.

Need to decide if you want stereo or surround sound then go from there.

they are not powered, I've been to maplin and they say there is no way of getting them to work and I've had a look at amps and subs but have no idea what to look for?

I've been looking into this for ages now and am still no better of? so what would I need do you think?
Thanks

Depends. Are you keeping the speakers that are there with that connection? What did they used to plug into and why can't you use that?

If they're normal speakers with a twin cable with the connection pictures above it's probably possible to chop the connector off and use bare cable into an amp that accepts it (many do). Hard to advise really when we don't know everything you have / want

Depends. Are you keeping the speakers that are there with that connection? What did they used to plug into and why can't you use that?

If they're normal speakers with a twin cable with the connection pictures above it's probably possible to chop the connector off and use bare cable into an amp that accepts it (many do). Hard to advise really when we don't know everything you have / want

I would like to use the speakers that are there, as the wires are plastered into the wall, when we moved in they weren't plugged into anything, All I have to work with is the speakers that are built in, which are nokia SRP 1001, and the wires (picture bellow)

7979544562_83d163d306_z.jpg

Saround Sound Wires by apicken21, on Flickr

9229863145_fe9fbf08f6_z.jpg

Untitled by apicken21, on Flickr

9229865159_d30f277212_z.jpg

Wall Speaker by apicken21, on Flickr

and my Samsung tv (picture bellow) and PS3 system

7979701535_7aa31da7ff_z.jpg

Back of tv by apicken21, on Flickr

I would be very grateful for any help and advice as I have been struggling with this for ages.

Option 1.
Cut the wires off the back of the speaker if they don't disconnect, and cut the plugs off. New speakers, amp and rca cable, job done.

Option 2.
Cut the plug end off, buy amp and rca cable, job done.

I don't see what the problem is really.