ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin R5 GTT

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Someone would be mad to pay 15k for one. Its hardly "that special". If you loved them to be honest you'd have more fun rebuilding one.

Clio
there is only 1 scenario where someone would buy that.

1) Mid 30s to early 40s virgin who still lives at home with his mum, plays top trumps and classes his hobbies as collecting handbooks for all production model cars. Also classes his appearance on You Bet! in a challenge of name any type of bus model just by its tail lights as the highlight of his life.

Anyone else would either have better things to spend their money on or be rich enough to buy something where an old renault wouldn't even cross their mind.

Octavia vRS
there is only 1 scenario where someone would buy that.

1) Mid 30s to early 40s virgin who still lives at home with his mum, plays top trumps and classes his hobbies as collecting handbooks for all production model cars. Also classes his appearance on You Bet! in a challenge of name any type of bus model just by its tail lights as the highlight of his life.

Anyone else would either have better things to spend their money on or be rich enough to buy something where an old renault wouldn't even cross their mind.

Brilliant :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
however much I love these cars and wish I still had mine, you could rebuild one from scratch with OE parts for far less money and huge more enjoyment.

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
oooh that brings back memories,specialy the interior.
loved my old white h reg one.
that 205 gti is gorgeous too,and my brother had a yellow 205 rallye.£9k for that bugger tho??!!

however much I love these cars and wish I still had mine, you could rebuild one from scratch with OE parts for far less money and huge more enjoyment.

From past experience of owning one and knowing the cost of the genuine parts 10 years ago let alone now I'd be surprised if you got change from £30k if you did that tbh.

Vw caddy tdi
Iv owned a concours 30k r5 raider it was like going back in a time warp most people have never laid eyes on R5 as clean not realising what they were suposed to look like paid 4.5k back in 2000 it stoped traffic. That one does look straight the door gaps look perfect but wouldnt be suprised if has done more than 11k door cards and drivers seat bolster look like begining to wear slightly the clocks dont seem blood red and decals look a bit iffy to me but would have to inspect in person pics hide alot. 11k WOW 14k LOL just noticed it has a sunroof fitted nooooo wouldnt ruined!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
It's only original once. No rebuild or restoration can really compete with an untouched time warp factory car. IMO

Vw caddy tdi
You could build or buy a nice mk1 golf 20v or tfsi for 14k and have some change left. Dreamer price imo.