ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video of my dying clio

Hi

Hope this works as im doing it all from my phone, but hopefully there should be a vid of my broken clio

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/22UjMfrxpbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When u drive it, it is very lumpy, you put you foot down and nothing, and then it slams forward, stinks of eggs/burning and smoke coming out the exhaust. Only fault code is the lambda which i have had replaced but no joy. As soon as you stop the battery and stop light come on and it cuts out

Any ideas?

Ben

Yeah plugs and leads have been checked, i had new ones a couple months ago. RAC were adimant it wasnt the coils.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Deffo sounds like a toasted and collapsed CAT - time for a new one!

I echo the above, disconnect from Pre-CAT section + run engine + annoy neighbors. If it runs fine you have conclusive proof its the CAT.

Mick

clio 172 cup
hi there i have a clio 172 cup and it has the same problem as the video shown and i have changed the spark plugs, ht leads and the coil pack, also it have a decat instead of a cat. but still has this problem. Any help would be most helpful :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
@Matt,
You may be better off starting your own thread rather than attempting to hijack this one as I suspect your fault isn't the "same" as the OP's due to you having a de-cat... do you have an egg smell in your car?

@Ben,

If the hacksaw is too destructive for your tastes right now remove the exhaust manifold from the back of the block and go from there. They're normally nice 10mm K-nuts which are easy enough to remove and though it will be loud as f**k it'll still show if you have an exhaust gas restriction.

Mick

Mick

Tried to disconnect from pre-cat section howevers its such a b**ch to do so i have tried to remove the manifold from the cylinder head. I have undone all the nuts however it wont quite fit over the bolts at the moment

There is a large gap so started the car up, it runs exactly the same but on a much lounder scale lol. Do i have to completely remove the manifold or by removing it a little have i established that the CAT is not the problem?

Not sure whats next, MAP sensor perhaps?

renaultsport clio172
bad misfire or cam timing jumped/crank pulley slipping id say then if youve got the exhaust off. get the plugs out and use a spark tester on each ht lead, while the plugs are out do a compression test. id try that first mate.

Changed the map sensor, all was working fine, then 5 mins down the road the emmisions light comes on and the car wont rev at all, then other times it will rev upto the red line

The engine is also getting extremely hot. The map sensor has helped loads but there is still a problem

Really pissing me off now

172 Ph1
Will the engine rev up normally? If not check your fuel pressure/ and flow rate, very overlooked imo.

Also if the engine is running hot , how hot? Does the cooling fan stay on a long time? Poss looking at a lean mixture maybe.
From the video it sounds starved of fuel maybe. Hope this helps

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
when you unplug sensors like the lambda/map the ecu runs off base settings so atleast you can rule somethings off.

Have you checked the injectors but disconnecting each one individually?