ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very cheap, very good Wheel cleaner!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I emailed halfords about their pricing last week. Just got this reply.

Screenshot_2013-05-13-12-01-09_zpsfba8abe5.png

Happy days

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ive been to 2 Tescos, the big one at Lakeside and a smaller one at Pitsea both have none.
​I take it this is only available at there petrol stations?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Went to my local Tesco and bought the last 6...
egy4eqe9.jpg

Then popped down the road to my local halfords... Presented them with Liam172's screenshot of their price match and cleaned them out of the stuff!
upysemam.jpg

Also found out that there's a delivery tomorrow so will go and get more!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Liam its not on the tesco website though is it?

If you're talking about the Halfords email, Halfords have a price matching policy where if it's cheaper within 20 miles they'll price match it. I may buy a few tomorrow from work now...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I asked my missus about it as she works there and she asked if it was on the website. She didn't seem to think it would be possible if it wasn't.

She's probably wrong though the silly cow. She hasn't tried yet, let us know if you manage.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Yeah I asked my missus about it as she works there and she asked if it was on the website. She didn't seem to think it would be possible if it wasn't.

She's probably wrong though the silly cow. She hasn't tried yet, let us know if you manage.

Why does it have to be on the website?

If the manager of Halfords disputes it he can phone the petrol station for confirmation of price. It's a Halfords policy. Most won't kick up as it's pointless as it will just turn into a complaint. The only thing you have to consider is how to the book he/she will do it. If there is no stock they don't have to price change it as they will say go there and buy no bottles. If there is only two left, he/she may only price change two bottles.

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I didn't see why it had to be on the website either lol. She's been there for 5 years and she didn't even know that! Bloody women eh.

I'll get her on the case I need some more of this.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Went to my local Tesco and bought the last 6...
egy4eqe9.jpg

Then popped down the road to my local halfords... Presented them with Liam172's screenshot of their price match and cleaned them out of the stuff!
upysemam.jpg

Also found out that there's a delivery tomorrow so will go and get more!

FLOL! that should last a while!

Ill be doing the same on sunday

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If anyone is local to Tesco petrol station in bidston (wirral) they are getting ten bottles in

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I'd anyone disputes it.. Show them this receipt...
baqu8ate.jpg

And then show the halfords manager how to do his job...
y3ybejag.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I think its insane that they charge 9.99 for that tbh!

Wonder how many of their other products are bumped up like that?

All of them? :l

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Can I ask how you showed the manager how to do his job?

I didn't show him how to do his job? I put the receipt on here so if anyone gets a dispute, they can show the manager the receipt and they can see its legit and process it the same way.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I didn't show him how to do his job? I put the receipt on here so if anyone gets a dispute, they can show the manager the receipt and they can see its legit and process it the same way.
The way you worded it...

Also if you had put one more bottle on you would of got it for free. Still the managers do generally still have to find out about stock levels. We had a bike last christmas that was in Argos on sale at half price. Loads of people wanted it at their price but because no stock was available within 100 miles of the shop we never price matched it. They don't have to price match it based on a receipt.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
The way you worded it...

Also if you had put one more bottle on you would of got it for free. Still the managers do generally still have to find out about stock levels. We had a bike last christmas that was in Argos on sale at half price. Loads of people wanted it at their price but because no stock was available within 100 miles of the shop we never price matched it. They don't have to price match it based on a receipt.

Yeah, they only had 4 tho so that's all I could get.

Please show us your calculations on that one

Okay :)

Halfords are currently retailing at £9.99, however get them to price match at £1.73.

So you buy 3 and pay £1.73 each = £5.19

Halfords have a 3 for 2 offer on atm, so take off £1.73 (5.19-1.73) = £3.46 for 3 bottles.

Divide that by 3 = £1.15 a bottle

:) hope that made sense lol

Honda & VW
Okay :)

Halfords are currently retailing at £9.99, however get them to price match at £1.73.

So you buy 3 and pay £1.73 each = £5.19

Halfords have a 3 for 2 offer on atm, so take off £1.73 (5.19-1.73) = £3.46 for 3 bottles.

Divide that by 3 = £1.15 a bottle

:) hope that made sense lol

Please see my edited post (and reasoning)

342 doesn't work. Spoke to halfords on the phone today. It's either or. Still, thanks for receipts fella. I'll be going in tomorrow.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Depends on the manager who puts it through. They don't have to.

It's not look at the receipt '-£1.73' '3 for 2 offer'
gyjysehu.jpg

That doesn't show the deal. It shows the name of the product and the fact that it should be in 342. But all I'm going off is Halfords customer services. I'll let you know tomorrow as halfords is round the corner.

Twingo Dynamique
Well I used up at least half a tank going to two different tescos, then their petrol shops, one morrisons, an asda and finally a motorbase.... Not a single place had it. Ordered a bottle off amazon for £7... :eek: hopefully it will pop up in tescos again for a decent price...

Honda & VW
Well I used up at least half a tank going to two different tescos, then their petrol shops, one morrisons, an asda and finally a motorbase.... Not a single place had it. Ordered a bottle off amazon for £7... :eek: hopefully it will pop up in tescos again for a decent price...

I would have posted one out to you for cheaper than that

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Its not the fact its life changing, its the price of it.

Imo its all i need to get my wheels nice and clean, seeing as ive got no protection on my alloys, this makes life easier.