ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vein's Black 330Ci Sport

Never above 25mpg
So, decided to get on with the rears today, lots of silicone and screwing yet again but all good now!

IMG_0860.jpg

Before:
IMG_0511.jpg

After:
IMG_0861.jpg

Before:
IMG_0513.jpg

After:
IMG_0859.jpg

Also tackled the B-Pillar, had a nasty tear in it which I couldn't bear to see anymore!

Before:
IMG_0857.jpg

After:
IMG_0858.jpg

Car's nowhere near perfect inside but it's so much better to be in, rather than a sea of grey!

LED rears ordered today hopefully for the weekend!

Will be ordering all new Harmon Kardon door handles and rear speaker covers soon and then some black seat backs!

120d M-Sport
Love it mate, been following this but cant believe ive never replied lol.

Cant wait to get my 330 now though! Cant wait to see pics with LEDs fitted :cool:

Never above 25mpg
Fitted these this morning then gave the car a clean!

Fitment is about 99.9% perfect but the whole setup is great.

No warning lights on the dash and all the lights working correctly (get a slight flickering when sidelights/normal lights are on but brake is fine).

But has updated the rear vastly!

Before:
7907127096_6cae14035a_c.jpg

After:
7907126668_9e74782cbb_c.jpg

Clean in Leekes carpark!

7907123886_5aee00c1b4_b.jpg

Never above 25mpg
Ear Ear!

Well, only a couple pictures but I didn't want to fit my speakers by butchering the OEM connections so I bought some 2.8mm spade connectors from ebay and got to work as they arrived this morning.

Unfortunately my eye has been a right b*****d since yesterday so took a little longer than it should've done!

Anyway, made my own little connectors and voila, music sounds so much clearer although on some heavy rock tracks I do have a little rattle from the doorcards!

7936539660_e0ef217ae9_c.jpg

7936539106_0768080b7e_c.jpg

7936538810_b633db10f6_c.jpg

Going to look at doing the rear speakers soon, going to order some Harman Kardon rear speaker covers!

Tax is due though at the end of the month £148 until March!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I love the progress on this, very consistent, reminds me of me and my ph1. Takes me ages to buy bits for the zed because they're £££.

With regards to the rattling, buy some cheap dynamat copy type stuff and get it over any contacting points on the doorcard. Door shut sounds a lot better too with that done.

Never above 25mpg
Thanks Tom!

Cheers Rob, I never progressed much on the Clio as I always owed money and I knew I was going to sell it sometime or another but the fact this car's mine means I'm not worrying about getting rid any time soon so am splashing the cash!

Aesthetically pleasing! No major jobs this weekend, am working so only got things that take 5 minutes to fit!

Harman Kardon rear speaker covers!

IMG_0890.jpg

Before
9B9A09E8-1484-42DF-9C13-F0149FB81809-2062-0000033637E0D495.jpg

and of course After
8FB73022-812C-4934-864A-86B450AF6911-2062-000003363D1DA032.jpg

Did also get a new Harman Kardon door handle for the offside so all HK'd up now!

New speakers I shall order this week and get them fitted in the rear but with tax coming up can't really spend more!

Never above 25mpg
Might aswell put something nice under the rear speaker covers now!

Got some Alpine SPG-17C2 speakers (keeping Alpine themed), think they're ideally meant for front door installs but they do the job well.

I'm never going to fit a subwoofer either so it's all about quality of the sound!

Just a few install shots and comparison.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Also won this on eBay the other day!! Absolute steal for the whole interior but I was only after the front and rear seats, going to pick up next weekend fingers crossed!

T2eC16RHJHgE9n0yFlKjBQSlWqnM60_12.jpg

Never above 25mpg
Finally fitted the M3 seats!! Only problems I ran into were the rear seat nut rounding itself off,
the first aid box got me straight in the teeth whilst putting it back in (blooody ouch) and also
the lumber switch on the driver's side seat fell apart when I touched it so I need to order a new one!

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

Got the interior dead cheap though so it's something I can sleep relatively sound about!
Cleaned the car aswell but no photos!

Now it's just the expensive stuff left for me to buy and then I'll be happy!

Never above 25mpg
Thanks sj, I'd recommend one to anyone who listened ;) !

Thanks also, Jon, they're DEPO copies so have a resistor pack which bypasses the need for reprogramming thankfully!

I wasn't up for all the fuss and they look genuine enough! OEM+ :D

Ahhh right, that explains it. Good to know though.

As far as I can tell they look GEN too.

Have you thought about any other wheels? I really think they let it down, sorry :(

Never above 25mpg
Ahhh right, that explains it. Good to know though.

As far as I can tell they look GEN too.

Have you thought about any other wheels? I really think they let it down, sorry :(

Style 32s or some 7 series wheels, think they're style 95s... or CSL reps!

Want to keep 18" though for handling, comfort and tyre prices!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I have a full set of 32's.... ;) They're 17's though :(

My favourite thing about my old bimmer was the wheels.

Great buy on the seats, very nice indeed. I'm sure you can find a cover for that button at a scrappy.

Never above 25mpg
Seats look awesome!! But please put some Gliptone on them lol ... super shiny atm!!

Cheers Dave, I've given them a good scrub with AG Leather Cleaner and then some Supaguard Cream Protector but heard about gliptone!

I have a full set of 32's.... ;) They're 17's though :(

My favourite thing about my old bimmer was the wheels.

Great buy on the seats, very nice indeed. I'm sure you can find a cover for that button at a scrappy.

Cheers Rob yeah I'd be after a set of 8.5J fronts and 9J rears but still need to sort the rear out! Well, scrappies round here aren't really filled up with crashed m3s unfortunately! New button from Cotswold is £42 posted!

Some nice touches going into this. Needs to be the same ride height as the Imola posted now!

Thanks Gaz, the ride height above scares me! Something's wrong with the rear suspension as is so need to rectify that! Bit boring but the 15mm Eibachs are doing me proud atm!

Never above 25mpg
I class that ride height as normal these days lol. Maybe something to do with having had 3 lowered cars.

After having the jaw breaking 40mm Apex on the 172 I just couldn't do any lower. One reason for getting the BMW was power + comfort!

Evo 6, E92 320d
I just sold my staggered 32's on eBay, the man sized fitment as you wanted. I sold them too cheap really.

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Just saw this now..Lovely car mate.

Thats my one posted above..The ride height can be a pain alright but its needed to pull off the 32's.
ive since added spacers too just to beef it up.Shes tucked away for the winter now hence the purchase of the cup as a runaround.

Couple more.

DSCF0830.jpg

DSCF0874-1.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That's a blooming lovely motor, (very random you'd appear here too).

I'm about to sling my z4 on the 172" 32's over winter.

Can't believe you missed out on a set Vein. :(

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
That's a blooming lovely motor, (very random you'd appear here too).

I'm about to sling my z4 on the 172" 32's over winter.

Can't believe you missed out on a set Vein. :(

Good stuff mate..

Yeah its weird coming on here and seeing pics of your car in a thread lol

I had to get my style 32's from the UK as i couldnt get them in Ireland but they come up on e46 zone a good it.

Ive actually 5..One as a spare :)

Never above 25mpg
Tis a cracking car, I could just never driving something that low, not with the yearly IOW Fest trip and constant pub trips with the grandparents!

Need to get my tracking sorted and think about finally sorting the rear droop out as the only thing letting the car down is the way it drives now!

Never above 25mpg
Spent Saturday sound deadening the door cards which has improved sound quality so much more in the cabin!

Dreadful sticky stuff though! :(