ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vee gone :( But... New car!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Well today was both sad, and happy, sad, because the Vee went to it's new home :( But I'm sure it's a good home. And then I went to view a replacement, and slapped down a deposit to collect it in a week. It's getting 2 new front tyres (I made sure they were to be OE spec) and a small scratch on the passenger side wheel refurbed, and a plate transferred off - hence the small delay.

Car in question, is an 07 plate, Liquid Yellow R27 :) As far as I know it's just as it left the factory, no xenons, no climate, which is bang on what I was looking for (personal preference - why I was interested in Alan's bus hehe!) and it's done 10, almost 11k. Aside from the small, shallow scuff on the wheel it's totally mint and I'm very happy! Also, I got a keen price (cheaper than any of them on the trader or pistonheads, private or from dealers, and got the tyres in for that as well) so I'm thinking it's a bit of a result!

People that complain about it been noisy at 70 have obviously never driven one, as it just isn't - I tested that on the test drive. No wear on the Recaros, no crunching in the box either :)

Here's a crap pic I took on my phone after doing the deal -

newcar.jpg

Happy :) Totally just got over excited and did it to cheer myself up as I have a hospital appointment for some important scan results tmrw heh - but hey, you only live once :D

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers dude :) Aye yea, commuting to hospital, parking next to chapeltown, need some space, still wanted some fun :)

I have to admit, I used to dislike Liquid, but seeing it in the flesh made me wow :)

Nice one Dan, is that from GT garages?

Saw you yesterday mate, one last barble of the vee and it sounded sweet.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
shame you got rip of the vee

but that is nice:D

will you be out on monday for the meet?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks everyone :D

Rob - no I won't have it by then :( But assuming I'm out of hospital I'll be at the next one hehe! One thing about the vee was because it was such a low miler I felt guilty driving it half the time hehe!

Dan

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Defo not a colour i would of gone for...Take it you had to pay a bit on top of the vee for that?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks all :)

Ali - aye, but probably not as much as you'd think to be honest. Got a good price for the Vee, and did well on the replacement IMHO.

I'll be getting the G220, the Dodo and Poorboys onto it when it gets home for sure hehe!

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I think we all know which is the better of the two yellows ;)

Feirny - no it came from a place in Scunny! Honda dealer, do they have one in at GT?

I think we all know which is the better of the two yellows ;)

Feirny - no it came from a place in Scunny! Honda dealer, do they have one in at GT?

Dunno mate, just looks like the same dump lol.

Werent you tempted by the white cup at Seamer?

^
Have you been at the crack pipe ?

Granted it's a nice car, but better than the vee ? Your opinion though.

172 Cup
Thats the dogs bollox! Really wanted one when i bought my 182 just could find the funds!!! ENJOY!!!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Awesome replacement Dan, im sure she will do you well. If that 197 came from Scunny then I have seen that LY 197 around a few times. I saw a lady driving around in it a few times (prob explains wheel curbing lol). Not seen it for a while so I guess she traded it in for a Civic type taxi.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Yea the logbook says it was indeed owned by a young lady before hand :) Well, a person called Heather anyway heh!

As for better than the Vee, well driving it isn't the same 'occasion' but it inspires WORLDS more confidence in the bends. Doesn't feel as quick either with the less torque and noise - but watching the speedo the pace is pretty similar when you're 'on it'. Brakes are better too. Couldn't say it was better, TOTALLY different type of car.

Dan