ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V8 Baby!!! (Hi, Ginge)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
RS6 for me but I wouldn't mind that either to be honest!

100% no on those badges though! Unless you're black?
Badges?

Don't get me wrong, I would prefer a RS6 but in MY position, this is a far better compromise.
Plus the insurance is horrific on the RS6.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Oh lol. They were just a joke.

This is our 3rd car since Leanne got pregnant and the baby hasnt even arrived yet. :cool:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So you genuinely prefer this over the sport? I'm a little naive on the issue, I just know to look at (without knowing the ins and outs) I prefer the sport. What's the differences? Apart from the length obviously.

As for the pictures, the angles just really suck for showing off the car, I bet it looks far better in person than it does in your pics!

I do really like RR's though, and I'm ashamed to say I proper love my boss' evoque.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
So you genuinely prefer this over the sport? I'm a little naive on the issue, I just know to look at (without knowing the ins and outs) I prefer the sport. What's the differences? Apart from the length obviously.

As for the pictures, the angles just really suck for showing off the car, I bet it looks far better in person than it does in your pics!

I do really like RR's though, and I'm ashamed to say I proper love my boss' evoque.

Yes. I think most people would agree that the FFRR is the gentlemens choice if you know what I mean. It's more luxurious than the sport too.

~RANGE ROVER SPORT: This car uses a slightly different frame work compared to the HSE. As the name implies, the SPORT has a fair bit of modified body kit to give it self a sporty look. Both the engines used the Rangies are the sames ones used in the Jaguar cars. Important differences of the SPORT is primarily the engine and the interior seating position. The driver's console ( dash board, driving wheel, entertainment system, and gear changer) are repostitioned closer to the driver. As for engine, the engineers simply retuned it, thus extracting an extra bit of horsepower. But it really doesn't make much of a difference at all. Also, when driving, you get a throaty roar from the engine, but the power isn't going to astonish you at all.

~RANGE ROVER HSE: Ultimately, this particular model is named and known to be one of the best luxury SUV in the world. Why? the car has a legendary marque, latest German enhanced technology, and extreme comfort. Mind you, both the Sport and HSE have a traction control system, giving you access to choose from 5 settings, snow, gravel, normal, etc~just to name a few. In addition, it has a air suspension, so you can adjust the height of the car with a flip of a button. Firstly, the comfort of the ride is very noticeable. Soft and plush, and surprisingly quiet. Where as the Sport is noisy, and the ride very hard, due to the so called " sport" suspension to improve fast cornering. The horsepower or the torque doesn't need to be worried about, because the same Jaguar engine does its job well.

~The HSE is more expensive, simply because it is more luxurious than the SPORT. The sport took off many luxury amenities, to simply reduce the price of the car, to make it more affordable for those of who cannot afford the HSE model. THEN yes, the used HSE is cheaper, because its value depreciates ( declines from original price every year).

The pictures were just quick photos to send to my dad. lol.

I will get some better ones this weekend. I'm not too hot on photography.

Full Fat
IMG_9618_zps7e5d936e.jpg

Sport
normal_IMG_9135.jpg

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Proper Rangie - cool in a 'gentleman' kind of way. Still quite 'old money'.

Rangie Sport, or the 'WayneRover' - driven by townies, wags & c*nts.

Rangie Evoque - for poorer versions of the above, more girly. Like a big Mini Countryman.

53 Clio's & counting
Would love one for a winter hack, will definately be part of my future garage

Yours looks nice mate, need better pics!

330i. E30 Touring.
The above are correct.

Drive a RRS after 6 bottles of wine and you're a c**t who deserves to bite pillows on D-wing.

Drive a RRV after 6 bottles of wine and you're part of an elite club. You're a true chap.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You're all mental.

Non barry'd up RRS' are mint.

sport.jpg

Vogue is just too big and cumbersome looking for me (perhaps it's because I'm still young (at heart)).

P20914281.jpg

You all honestly think the proportions of the RRS aren't better?

RS6 C7
Haha prestige wheel centre! Bought so many wheels from the place it's unreal!

The new sport is something special too! Seen one on the road the other day and they look awesome! Will be everywhere though much like the evoque!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Rob- even out of those 2 pictures, it would still be the full fat. Sports just look like a big nike trainer compared to the FF.
​if I was given one, I wouldn't turn it down of course..

I have just seen my old disco on auto trader for £12995. I only paid £9000 for it lol.

Last edited:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Tiny Update (Better pics too) (total 72 miles since I bought it)

So got the windows tinted today and prior to that took a couple of photos at Dunstable Downs.
IMO the tints make it look much better and we wanted to get them done for various reasons. I know some will prefer it (I wasn't 100% on getting it done)

It ended up taking over 5 hours to do the tints as all of the windows had some protective security film which was really thick and very hard to get off.
The rear window didn't have any but did have some very light film (all the windows had the security film and the tinted stuff bar the rear window) which left all of the adhesive residue on the window which took ages to get off.

Also ordered some Supercharged lights for it which I should be picking up tomorrow and also some clear side repeaters.

Booked in for a major service either this week or the following week.
Anyway..
Before the tints.
P1000859_zpsa04e7a88.jpg

P1000869_zps93e1b521.jpg

P1000864_zpsccf0dbf6.jpg

Existing film
6CB67DA9-B743-4B23-9627-BCFC594C43CF-8575-00000561996085EF_zpsf4488f0b.jpg

Tints are not as dark as they seem, Starting to get dark when I took them.
P1000876_zps8977452b.jpg

P1000878_zps4105bc3c.jpg

P1000880_zpsc0bb1dcb.jpg

Oh and just so this isn't too boring for you all ;) (Such an epic car)
8A9DCBAB-808F-4206-827C-FAF60381DA42-8575-00000561A511569A_zpsf5e9a106.jpg

64155B96-9CC0-4195-8415-34824A2C29D6-8575-00000561AF6F639A_zpsa7250dc6.jpg

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Nice range rover. And nice Porsche.

I prefer the Proper range rover over the sport too. :)

Get some better wheels for it too.
This is my mates, he has those multi spoke alloys on with range rover embossed on the one spoke. I like these

vazyby5u.jpg

320d
Proper Rangie - cool in a 'gentleman' kind of way. Still quite 'old money'.

Rangie Sport, or the 'WayneRover' - driven by townies, wags & c*nts.

Rangie Evoque - for poorer versions of the above, more girly. Like a big Mini Countryman.

Couldn't of put it any better.

​RRS and Evoque is as chav as you can get. A proper Range Rover is classy though.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I love driving our RRS... Only really gets used at weekends or for Recovering big vans and s**t.. Ours is only the 2.7 TDV6, fully loaded mind :cool:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Buy one. You won't regret it!!
(unless it costs you a fortune and always breaks and you realise they are s**t on fuel and you want to keep buying things for it)

Also when they have been serviced make sure the handbrake was adjusted! Expensive thing to go wrong..

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Can't beat a V8, just added one to my collection :)
​sod the fuel economy :)

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Nice old barge that! Always preferred this model before they started bringing out all these facelifts for it. I don't really like the RRS but I absolutely hate Evoques.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Buy one. You won't regret it!!
(unless it costs you a fortune and always breaks and you realise they are s**t on fuel and you want to keep buying things for it)
I don't think I'll get one just yet, it's definitely an option when I need something with a bit more room than the Fiesta though

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Project 'Make it less orange' underway.

Bought these bad boys on the way home from my parents and just fitted them..
I could leave them or change them but as these were a very good price I can sell them very easily if I change my mind.
E13ECF0B-7C19-4EEA-98DF-1F3B7E42DD1C-9835-00000604A905F400_zps86732d74.jpg

EA1D06E4-14A6-4675-89D5-9F59373E0556-9835-00000604B10267CA_zps208b7b3f.jpg

46C4C73F-0112-4C27-8BAD-F7210FCD3DAA-9835-00000604B6119591_zps22d6e7a0.jpg

If I decide to keep them, I will sell the others and they will have only cost me £110.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think they're 'too clear' if that makes sense??

​Can you put the red brake lights into the clear lenses?