ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using Clone CLIP

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'm thinking of selling my RS tuner which I have only kept for the fault reading uses and buying an ebay special clip. I know people don't recommend them but what is clip like to use? I want to be able to do some basic reprogramming of the diesel injectors as since yesterday, when my uch broke, Lauren would also like her UCH replaced as it's playing up.

Talk to me Clip people

Specifically this one as it comes with reprog

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...iagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4ad0e9adc9

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
As I understand! RS tuner is as easy as making tea.

I'm not to bothered about how user friendly it is to use. I just want to be able to do the jobs I want with it.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Using it was fine for me but I never used reprog, I used the RSTuner to do my ABS fault. Install instructions were a bit w**k too but I only paid £110 shipped IIRC so cant complain. Lack of a user guide is my biggest complaint - you could be pissing in the wind trying to interpret things

182 ff
I would like to link my lap top up to my car.. seen a few on line.. all from china, don't know what am buying..i would buy your link ,if I knew it worked.
I have read some of the software wont down load.. that's why I have left buying one..
what does a rs tuner do? just read faults?

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
GbdBZYf.png

You have to work out what they mean :p

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
klm182 rs tuner does fault reading resetting and mapping http://fastchip.nl/

Doesn't look too bad ;) I've got the diagrams so can work out what most of that is.......just.

120 is the ecu isn't is?

After the programming it will just be a fault reader

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I certainly won't be experimenting. Just want to put some numbers in and be done with it. Doesn't sound too bad!

Configuring a UCH isn't as easy as punching in a few numbers. You do have potential of bricking it and then trying to explain to Renault why you want another...

It's also very difficult to get the immobiliser code if your not a registered garage...

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Not literally! I want to just change the injector numbers in the ECU not program the uch. As some may have seen yesterday my uch bit the dust so I've got a full set second hand, ECU, uch etc

PB172,dci100,dci65
hi, there are 2 types of clip clones, one is an exact copy (same components), other (worse one) just looks the same from outside.
You can easily reprogram injector codes with the better copy, i don't know about the worse copy as i had the better one when i got new codes for my injectors a year back.

GUI is nothing special, but it works.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Awesome, I'll hope I've got a "better" one then as it's ordered. Need to get this sorted before the weekend ideally.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Would probably be great if you gave the probable small group of people who have used CLiP more than 4 hours to reply.

Cheers Pal.
There was me thinking that the forum was as busy as it appears in most sections?

Sorry, thought Mod's were here to help?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Cheers Pal.
There was me thinking that the forum was as busy as it appears in most sections?

Sorry, thought Mod's were here to help?
Mods are also here to stop thread bumps. You know, one of the rules you agreed to on sign up.